My latest braidout! Getting the hang of it!

foxieroxienyc

Just felt like sharing because I'm sooooo excited about my newest braidout/set. It come out really great. What I did differently was distrubute my conditioner with a Jilbere Shower comb and detangle with a Denman D3 Brush! And also I set my hair on orange flexirods as though I was going to do a flexirod set - did 8-10 braids.

I posted these directions in my fotki for those who may wonder how I did it:

For this set I first washed and DC'd my hair with heat. For my wash I used Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo and then I deep conditioned with a mix of Humectress and Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner. Combed through in the shower with my Jilbere Shower Comb and put on a shower cap. Sat under dryer for about 20 mins or so.

Next I rinsed out the conditioner, and then ADDED SOME MORE CONDITIONER BACK IN. Just a little bit, I used Organix Vanilla Silk Conditioner for this concentrating on the roots and then extending to my ends. Then on my relaxed ends I applied Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum. Next I detangled in sections with my Denman d3 brush. I cannot emphasize how AMAZING this brush is. It doesn't rip my hair out, it pulls the sheds right out, and makes my hair SUPER smooth. My braidout feel better after using this.

So after that I braided up my hair in about 10 braids, and then set them on flexirods as though I'm going to do a flexirod set. So I spiral each braid around the rod, and then let it dry. I first sat under the dryer but got sleepy and decided to airdry. Undid each braid lightly without separating the hair too much. Teased it up a little, and good to go.

June3_Braidout1-vi.jpg

June3_Braidout2-vi.jpg

June3_Braidout4-vi.jpg

Sorry if they're too big, I kept them a little bigger so you guys can see the texture. I'm transitioning and trying to keep the heat off my hair and get used to doing textured styles. This is my summer look!

More photos in my fotki, I have pics of the 3 latest braidouts I've done. The ones I had from the other day were set on gray rods and much more textured, they are more crinkled I think I may have done smaller braids.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! I find that the best way to braid the hair is in the direction and way you want your hair to fall. So the front piece I braid down so that they are right in front of my face, then roll with the roller. The I do a top section at the crown of 2-3 braids, then two or so right below that layer in the middle of my head, then the nape. I roll each with the roller for shape. If I don't roll them then the ends hang straight of course and I can show my length, but this look makes it a little more polished to me and crosses over well from day to evening wear...

I didn't get to take pics of the actual set itself because I couldn't find my camera when I had the braids still in.

Thaaaaaaaanks ladies! I'm REALLY trying to make myself learn that there are more styles than just straight and sleek that can be super sexy too.

I'm on day two of this set now, slept with my bonnet on, flipped over when I put it on so the curls were sorta upside down a bit. The bonnet helped to give it a little more shape as well! I kinda let the ends curl under a bit - I do this when I wear a straight bob too to keep the ends curled under without having to do anything and it actually works, lol. The older the set gets, the better it looks, but let's just hope it holds up in this rain right now, lol.:look::look:

I so addicted to braidouts, lol.

Excellent braidout :up: My 'braidouts' come out NOTHING like this :look: .
It almost looks like you used small rollers :grin: .
Beautiful shine too :yep: .

Beautiful! Roxie I'm really keeping an eye on your hair, you've come sooo far. I remember when you were just a newbie, and now your braid outs are coming out better than mine ever did lol.

:grin: You're tranisitioning now?! Girl!!!! Good for you! I'm sure you will be even more beautiful with your natural texture, and as you say, you can always straighten if need be. Wow, thats really good for you girl

Wow Foxie your braid-out looks sooooo good!!! You did a fantastic job! I've been using the Organix Conditioners and they smell sooo yummy! A little expensive, but so worth it. The denman brush is going to be your best friend when you get further along in your transition. Keep up the good work!!

Just felt like sharing because I'm sooooo excited about my newest braidout/set. It come out really great. What I did differently was distrubute my conditioner with a Jilbere Shower comb and detangle with a Denman D3 Brush! And also I set my hair on orange flexirods as though I was going to do a flexirod set - did 8-10 braids.

I posted these directions in my fotki for those who may wonder how I did it:

For this set I first washed and DC'd my hair with heat. For my wash I used Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo and then I deep conditioned with a mix of Humectress and Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner. Combed through in the shower with my Jilbere Shower Comb and put on a shower cap. Sat under dryer for about 20 mins or so.

Next I rinsed out the conditioner, and then ADDED SOME MORE CONDITIONER BACK IN. Just a little bit, I used Organix Vanilla Silk Conditioner for this concentrating on the roots and then extending to my ends. Then on my relaxed ends I applied Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum. Next I detangled in sections with my Denman d3 brush. I cannot emphasize how AMAZING this brush is. It doesn't rip my hair out, it pulls the sheds right out, and makes my hair SUPER smooth. My braidout feel better after using this.

So after that I braided up my hair in about 10 braids, and then set them on flexirods as though I'm going to do a flexirod set. So I spiral each braid around the rod, and then let it dry. I first sat under the dryer but got sleepy and decided to airdry. Undid each braid lightly without separating the hair too much. Teased it up a little, and good to go.

June3_Braidout1-vi.jpg

June3_Braidout2-vi.jpg

June3_Braidout4-vi.jpg

Sorry if they're too big, I kept them a little bigger so you guys can see the texture. I'm transitioning and trying to keep the heat off my hair and get used to doing textured styles. This is my summer look!

More photos in my fotki, I have pics of the 3 latest braidouts I've done. The ones I had from the other day were set on gray rods and much more textured, they are more crinkled I think I may have done smaller braids.

Adding the flexi-rods was shear genius.

Foxie, Can you come to my house and do my hair???? :grin:
Girl, you always achieve the hottest styles! I am going to spend some time in your fotki on Saturday when I wash my hair. I need to get these styles down pact so I will have several to choose from.

It came out really nice, It does make sense to braid in the direction you want it. Thats where I always mess up because I dont like the direction they are going.

Your braidout is beautiful! You're gonna make me try to do it again. *fingers crossed that it looks like yours*

Back