My latest hairstyle at a wedding *PICS*

Very becoming, :up: and what makes it even more cool is at the end of the day, you can be lazy and just pin it up and not have a tangled mess the next day. I love pretty hairdos but boy if they are the kind that take a lot of work to put up and down, I start to get mad that I even bothered. This one looks just perfect for lazy ol' me!

I love it!!

You make me wanna try something similar. It looks really good on you and I think that was a great style for a wedding. Hope you had fun!

So pretty, Fine 4s did you braid your own hair?

Nah, I don't have skills like that. I just told her what I wanted, parted my sections and she (hair school classmate) braided the back, I pinned the hair the way I wanted and I twisted the front the way I wanted.

You did that hairstyle yourself? OMG that is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love it!

:( Nope.

Very becoming, :up: and what makes it even more cool is at the end of the day, you can be lazy and just pin it up and not have a tangled mess the next day. I love pretty hairdos but boy if they are the kind that take a lot of work to put up and down, I start to get mad that I even bothered. This one looks just perfect for lazy ol' me!

Yep. I'm going on 1 week still fresh! My twists are very soft and feel silky and I don't know why. I clarified, DC'ed with Sexy Pumpkin Puree, Roux'ed and moisturized with S-Curl and applied Shea butter. Detangled the hair very well under the shower as I rinsed out the DC. I can't remember my hair feeling this soft. This conditioner is the bomb! Either that or the moisturizing combo...Either way IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII/m loving it *golden arches*

Ladies, folks were taking pics of this style at the BB show!
I was surprised and happy!
Too bad it was braided too tight.

Whew - I'm glad that you cleared that up. I thought you cornrowed your hair upside down from the back. I was about to be hatin' up on you sumthin awful :lachen:

Your hair is fabulous, gorgeous, beautiful, and very elegant! I'm bout to jack that style:grin:. How did you style the other side that we can't see - is it cornrowed, or twisted or...
Also - did you cornrow and twist it dry or wet or damp?

Thanks

Last edited:
Whew - I'm glad that you cleared that up. I thought you cornrowed your hair upside down from the back. I was about to be hatin' up on you sumthin awful :lachen:

Your hair is fabulous, gorgeous, beautiful, and very elegant! I'm bout to jack that style:grin:. How did you style the other side that we can't see - is it cornrowed, or twisted or...
Also - did you cornrow and twist it dry or wet or damp?

Thanks

Thanks! Both the sides and back were all cornrowed upward towards the crown. When I parted the front, I just started about the center of my eyebrow and formed a half circle or C shape to the center of my other eyebrow. The sides were braided from the base to where the C shape part starts, going straight up, not slanted like the back. The further forward you come, the straighter the braids got. Because the front twists covered the left side you can't see it but the end of the cornrows turned into wists which were pin curled and secured on the scalp.

After I washed, DC'ed and did the usual I started the process. Since I wasn't in the shower it wasn't wet so I'll say damp? I never style on dry hair unless it's blown out.

HTH!

Taken just a few minutes ago...

I got my hair braided last night and twisted the front towards my forehead.
After cornrolling the hair towards the crown, I twisted the ends. Then I pin curled each twist and pinned them randomly at the crown area.
I meant to remove the twists today but I liked the twists intact.
Found my summer hairdo for the rest of the month!

Maybe :)
oh my this is beautiful :drunk:

Back