I Need a Hairstyle

Sade'

Ladies,

I need a hairstyle that will allow me to leave my hair ALONE!!!! I really want a natural twist or braided hairstyle that is classy and work appropriate.
My dilemma:
Severe thinning in the crown
Thin edges
I am so afraid that my thin spot will be revealed with braided hairstyles. I am so mad that I can't wear twists hanging down....I don't even have enough hair in the crown to braid...there would def be a hole in the back of my head if I did that. :lachen:
I just want something that will keep me from combing and brushing everyday so that I can retain some length. Fake hair is not an option...it always dries out and ruins my real hair. Any suggestions?:ohwell:

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I'm bumping this up for ya. :grin:

I'm looking for a certain style too. I've been hair lazy, and these split ends are driving me up a wall. Last week I wore the front braided into tiara-like style and the back in a braidout. I wore a regular braidout Sunday and finally washed it out last night.

I'm now looking on the Universal Salons site for a simple style/updo I could wear for 2-3 days without touching it much. I don't wear additional hair for the same reason.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Nonie

Ladies,

I need a hairstyle that will allow me to leave my hair ALONE!!!! I really want a natural twist or braided hairstyle that is classy and work appropriate.
My dilemma:
Severe thinning in the crown
Thin edges
I am so afraid that my thin spot will be revealed with braided hairstyles. I am so mad that I can't wear twists hanging down....I don't even have enough hair in the crown to braid...there would def be a hole in the back of my head if I did that. :lachen:
I just want something that will keep me from combing and brushing everyday so that I can retain some length. Fake hair is not an option...it always dries out and ruins my real hair. Any suggestions?:ohwell:

If you let some twists hang over your face, like bangs (dunk them in water to make them shrink so they aren't over your eyes...erm... :scratchch I don't even know how long your hair is), and then pulled the others back into a puff and wear a phony puff to hided the ends. Since you're doing this yourself, you won't pull on your hair hard so no more traction alopecia. You don't even need to use a band on twists. Just braid together and tuck under, then put phony afro puff over it.

Would that work?

Is your thinning hormonal or from traction alopecia?

Sade'

Thanks Nonie...I am suffering from male patter baldness so its sorta like that George Jefferson look. I like ur idea of pulling the twists back into a puff with a phony puff. My hair is NL. My public fotki name is blckbttrfly and the PW I believe is sade'. PLS forgive me if the PW is incorrect. I 4got 2 write it down. U can see my hair in those albums, not the bald spot. I am TOO shy to post those pics but I do take pics of the spot for comparison. I am praying that bad boy closes up so I can resume a normal life!