My Mini-Twists and (mini) Length Update

LovelyNaps26

:wavey: I decided to do mini twists since I'm on spring break. I did the twists on freshly washed, blow dried hair. I used Aphogee green tea mist as a heat protectant and used unrefined shea butter while twisting.

I won't even lie they took FOREVER to do. Still, I can go into lazy mode for the month I will keep them in. In total, between breaks and eating I spent between 8-9 hours. I did 3 hours one night and about 5-6 the next day. The twists that I did last June (below) took 5 hours, so don't be turned off from doing this style especially if your hair is shorter.

To maintain I will use Qhemet amla heavy creme on the ends. I will use Bee Mine growth serum but only after the 2nd week. Before then, if i do use an oil, i will use jojoba oil.

I'm also excited to see the difference in length from the last time I did this style.:yep:

MARCH 2011 MINI-TWISTS

9 MONTH COMPARISON OF TWISTS

faithVA

They look really, really nice. And you had some wonderful progress. Being able to wear it for a month sounds well worth the initial effort.

Will you shampoo in the braids? Do they hold up pretty well for you?

LovelyNaps26

faithVA

Thanks! I usually rinse my hair once after 2 weeks. I will use diluted shampoo. They hold up just fine. At this size frizz is really minimal. This time around I will probably put the hair in 6-8 big tight braids so that as the twist dry they won't shrink up too much. I don't mind the shrinkage but keeping the hair stretched will make the take down and detangling process smoother.

Allandra

OMG.

I absolutely love your twists.

I wish I had the time / patience to sit down and do that to my hair.

Sigh.....

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
:love: Those are absolutely lovely!!
I wish I could pull that style off-mine would look so scalpy since my hair is much less dense than yours. :nono:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Wooow they're beautiful! :blush: Great retention too!

I wish I had the patience and coordination to do mine (and uniformly to boot!) :lol:

Um :look: how bout....come over here and do my hurr. :lol: No but... seriously :sekret: hurrup. :lachen:

hairedity

Beautiful twists! What is your method of twisting... is it straight two-strand twists, or do you take the two strands twist them individually first and then twist them together??

LovelyNaps26

Beautiful twists! What is your method of twisting... is it straight two-strand twists, or do you take the two strands twist them individually first and then twist them together??

oh, i don't do sister twists, just regular old two strand twists.

Thanks for all the comments ladies. :love3:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

:wavey: I decided to do mini twists since I'm on spring break. I did the twists on freshly washed, blow dried hair. I used Aphogee green tea mist as a heat protectant and used unrefined shea butter while twisting.

I won't even lie they took FOREVER to do. Still, I can go into lazy mode for the month I will keep them in. In total, between breaks and eating I spent between 8-9 hours. I did 3 hours one night and about 5-6 the next day. The twists that I did last June (below) took 5 hours, so don't be turned off from doing this style especially if your hair is shorter.

To maintain I will use Qhemet amla heavy creme on the ends. I will use Bee Mine growth serum but only after the 2nd week. Before then, if i do use an oil, i will use jojoba oil.

I'm also excited to see the difference in length from the last time I did this style.:yep:

MARCH 2011 MINI-TWISTS

9 MONTH COMPARISON OF TWISTS

simply gorgeous!