My new lace front....I think Im in love....

Keedah

So I ordered a lace front wig off of Ebay and installed in yesterday after taking my kinky twists out. It was easy as pie to install and I only did the front. It is no where near my hairline as I made sure the knee hi I used as a cap was covering it and place the glue in front o the cap.

The lace really does melt into the skin and looks like a scalp. I cut some long bangs in the front (chin length) and trimmed the ends to be a little more blunt. My only regret is I got a silky unit and next time I will purchase yaki cause its a littl shiny. I plan on alternating this style with half wigs.

heyfranz

my gosh this is amazing. looks great. maybe i should look into a lace front. they just always look so difficult to install - glue, cutting lace, etc. How long can you keep it on?

KizzieNapps

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! You just turned me into a believer!! That looks AWESOME!! Do u mind sharing who you ordered from on ebay??

kandake

I think I'm in love too. Where's that smiley with the hearts for eyes...

ETA: I just looked at the pics again. I CANNOT see the lace. You did a good job with the install.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I think it looks nice. Add a lil baby powder to take some of the shine out, but after you wash a couple of times the shine will die down. I am already eyeing my upcoming spring/fall hair that I want. I only apply my front also, and keep it on for 1 week at a time.

Keedah

my gosh this is amazing. looks great. maybe i should look into a lace front. they just always look so difficult to install - glue, cutting lace, etc. How long can you keep it on?

I hear of woman talking about wearing their units for 2-3 weeks, even 6 weeks but I will be taking mine off every week or at least every 10 days to wash and DC.

heyfranz
I received the unit last week and cut the lace. I also bleached the knots (so it doesnt look like a dolls scalp) but I overbleached a little and had to touch the roots up with mascara. Since I only glued the front it only took me 15 minutes to put it on. I was preparing to not get it right and had a backup wig just in case but it was way easier than I thought.

sunshinelady
The roots are silky too. Thats why next time Im going to get the yaki. That more closely resembles relaxed African American hair.

KizzieNapps & HoneyDew
The Ebay seller is bwignout. Her prices are reasonable, she emails you a guide on how to care for and install your unit and even answered my questions about bleaching the knots. Below is the listing for my wig. Its listed at $230 but with 4 hours left in the auction it was on sale for 5% off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=300265275113

Last edited:

me-T

that pic SO almost killed my resistance to weaves!
i'm tryin to do a sneak transition, and this looks pretty darn good............

Keedah

I think it looks nice. Add a lil baby powder to take some of the shine out, but after you wash a couple of times the shine will die down. I am already eyeing my upcoming spring/fall hair that I want. I only apply my front also, and keep it on for 1 week at a time.

Thanks for the baby power tip. I just tried it and it looks much better...and I smell good!

ajoyfuljoy

that is one of the most natural lace fronts that I've seen. It doesn't look wiggy at the scalp or anything. You did a good job!

Spidergul

Me too!! I have been looking at Quick weaves, I thought lace fronts would not match and they seemed complicated to put on. I mean if some of yall can point out the edges of lace fronts and Tyra and Bey...!? :blush: I don't stand a chance of pulling one off. But Kee yours looks great!:yep:

Last edited:

heyfranz

In my mind i always picture myself cutting off too much lace and cutting the hair so that it starts unraveling when i get outside or not cutting enough and people pointing at the lace around my hairline...

loved

That's beautiful. It may be time for me to try a lacefront.

Keedah - Do you exercise or sweat around the face/head area? My main hesitancy with a lacefront was my concern that (1) the glue would damage my edges, but you have a good solution for that and (2) would the unit be secure with the way I sweat during my cardio workouts?

Keedah

That's beautiful. It may be time for me to try a lacefront.

Keedah - Do you exercise or sweat around the face/head area? My main hesitancy with a lacefront was my concern that (1) the glue would damage my edges, but you have a good solution for that and (2) would the unit be secure with the way I sweat during my cardio workouts?

The glue is supposed to be waterproof when dry so sweating shouldn't be a problem. I used Invisibond. Ive read of women washing their wigs while they are on their head and working out without the glue coming loose. Ill be going to the gym tonight so I can report back tomorrow.

KiSseS03

Good job, it looks so real!

You should come to my neighborhood and help some of the girls around here get it right!

LivingDoll

That looks awesome girl! You did a good job with the install. Was bleaching the knots difficult?

ETA: Thanks for sharing the seller...I contacted her with a few questions and she sent an immediate response. I may purchase one from her too. I want an alternative to bunning for the winter. Did you get the adhesive from her also?

Last edited: