My new love:Silk Elements MegaSilk!

angelbaby

Hello ladies! My hair had been feeling rather dry and brittle lately. It could have been caused by a number of things, but I believe was from some new products I had tried and from putting oil on my hair. My hair doesn't tolerate oil very well. Anyway, I knew that my hair needed some serious moisturizing. I purchased the Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment and the Hair Mayonnaise because I didn't have time to order any of the recommended Dominican products from the internet. I'm so glad that I didn't have any time. :) My hair is SO SOFT and SILKY from this. It completely changed my texture from hard to brittle back to soft.

I applied the MegaSilk and Mayonnaise to dry hair and left it on for about an hour. I then shampooed lightly my scalp with Elucence Moisture Balancing shampoo, rinsed, and applied the Elucence conditioner. EXTRA SOFT HAIR!!!! I towel dried my hair and applied nothing else to it. It stayed soft and silky all day. The next day I basically followed the same procedure, only I didn't shampoo and only used the MegaSilk. My hair was even softer.

I have no idea why my hair has been so brittle lately, but I know why it's not anymore. I think I'm in love with the Silk Elements products. I tried the Hair Mayonnaise before and I remember loving the results. I think the MegaSilk and the Mayonnaise will be added to my list of staples.

miracle

I was getting ready to post a review about this product, but you beat me to the punch, angelbaby. ;)

Unfortunately, my experience with this product was not very good. :sad: :sad: I purchased the Mega Silk Leave-In Hair Moisturizing Creme and the Mega Silk Mayonnaise. Both left my hair feeling dry and "tacky". I used the Mega Silk Mayonnaise as a deep conditioner and the Leave-In Creme on my wet hair right before rollersetting. My hair just didn't have the same body and sheen that it usually has with my other conditioners. And I couldn't get past the sticky, coated feeling. :down: :down: I may have to end up doing a clarifying shampoo tomorrow to get rid of the coating my hair now has. :ohwell:

I may give the Mega Silk Leave-In another chance, but using it on my dry hair instead as a moisturizer. Maybe putting the Mayonnaise on my hair as a pre-poo will give me better results, but I think that out of the Silk Elements line, the regular Mega Cholesterol works best for me.

angelbaby

Isn't it funny how certain products work for certain people and don't work for others? I got my shine back from the MegaSilk. I had problems with a coating and dulling from the Neutrogena Triple Moisture line. With the MegaSilk I didn't even use oils on my hair afterwards and got a sheen.

BTW the MegaSilk I used was the Moisturizing Treatment, NOT the leave-in that you used.

miracle

angelbaby said:
Isn't it funny how certain products work for certain people and don't work for others? I got my shine back from the MegaSilk. I had problems with a coating and dulling from the Neutrogena Triple Moisture line. With the MegaSilk I didn't even use oils on my hair afterwards and got a sheen.

BTW the MegaSilk I used was the Moisturizing Treatment, NOT the leave-in that you used.

I had the same problem with NTM. I was really disappointed on that one.
:( I used it once and quickly gave it away.

Yeah, I saw the MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment as well, but decided against it after reading the ingredients. I went with the MegaSilk Leave-In because it doesn't contain mineral oil or petroleum. But I'm greatly disappointed with it, also. I can't seem to win for loosing lately!!! :sad: Maybe that's a hint that I need to stop buying stuff!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trinity1

I have used the Silk Elements Cholesterol for my deep conditioning treatments for over a year now and I dont know anything that makes my hair feel as good as that does.

TeeTee2

Angelicus

yea, amazing because it sure didn't work for me. all their products make my hair feel like plastic.

Good thing they make samples!

metalkitty

I really like the Hair Mayonaise too, I have the Mega Silk Leave- In and can't figure out how to use it well. Sometimes its great other times not. I think the Leave in is a knockoff of ORS Olive Oil Lotion in the bottle, the leave in is heavier though.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I DC with silk elements mega cholesterol conditioning treatment and I love it.
I used ORS the other day though and my hair still feels softer than when I use SE.

youwillrise

can anyone tell me the ingredients in the silk elements mega cholesterol?

pleeeeeeeease?

for some reason, "cholesterol" popped into my head
and i started searching cholesterol on the hairboards hahaha

i especially got interested in this one

i'm trying to find ingredients, but cant.