Silk Element products & Roux Porosity questions

kitkat3ny

I know this may be a long list of products that i'd like advise on but my hair is in a crisis right now and I really need to overhaul my hair products. Any advise or opinion anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

I'm planning on hittings a Sallys this weekend and need to know what are the best products to buy for my hair that has been chemically processed and turned out brittle dry aftwards. Also, I condition wash daily, so advise on a good daily conditioner is appreciated. Right now I use Suave Humectress and it's to weak for my situation. Perhaps i'll return to it when my hair has moisture.
Revlon Roux Professional Porosity Control Shampoo- is this the same roux porosity control everyone is talking about or are there different brands?

SILK ELEMENTS Revive & Restore All In One Root Penetrating Oil
SILK ELEMENTS Revive & Restore Stimulating Herbal Shampoo
SILK ELEMENTS Revive & Restore Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion
SILK ELEMENTS Revive & Restore Anti-Breakage Hair Repair Creme
SILK ELEMENTS Revive & Restore Hair Mayonnaise Damaged Hair Treatment
SILK ELEMENTS Revive & Restore Repair Masque Deep Conditioner
SILK ELEMENTS Revive & Restore Hair & Scalp Sheen Spray

SILK ELEMENTS MegaSilk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise
SILK ELEMENTS Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment
SILK ELEMENTS Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner
SILK ELEMENTS MegaSilk Leave In Hair Moisturizing Creme 8oz
SILK ELEMENTS MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
SILK ELEMENTS Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo
SILK ELEMENTS Glossing Polish

ION 3-Step Emergency Service Hair Repair Kit - is this any good?

miracle

I tried all of the products from the SE Revive & Restore Line, but unfortunately, my hair did not respond well to any of them. :( The All In One Root Penetrating Oil was probably the "best of the worst". It felt lovely on my scalp, but it's rather "runny". I tried adjusting the amount each time that I used it, and massaged it into my scalp, but I'd always wake up the next morning to find that it had ran through the rest of my hair. My hair would feel really oily & heavy.

On the other hand, I :love: most of the Silk Elements MegaSilk Line. The Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment & MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment are my favorites. They both leave my hair extremely soft & silky. The Luxury Shampoo & Conditioner were just "okay" for me...nothing extraordinary...but they smell wonderful & the scent stayed on my hair for days. The MegaSilk Leave In Hair Moisturizing Creme and I just didn't work well together. I absolutely loved the consistency, but I didn't find it moisturizing enough for my hair. After trying it twice, I went back to my beloved Cantu Leave-In. :yep: HTH!! :)

Kimberly

I use the Roux Porosity Control conditioner...not the shampoo...I always use it with warmed EVOO, though, excpet when I use it on relaxer days to protect my previously relaxed hair. I love it with the EVOO, not sure what it does on it's own.

Good luck.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
SILK ELEMENTS Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment - My favorite deep conditioner. A little goes a long way and you don't have to spend all day deep conditioning to get the effects

SILK ELEMENTS Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner - I didn't like at all, but it worked well for my mom and friend when they mixed it with something

SILK ELEMENTS MegaSilk Leave In Hair Moisturizing Creme 8oz - Just got this last night and I am already in love. Moisturized my 3 day old hair like it had been freshly washed

SILK ELEMENTS MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment - Very good, comparable to the cholesterol. I mostly use this as a pre-poo though

SILK ELEMENTS Glossing Polish - Very good shine serum that isn't greasy.

I have samples of the R & R shampoo, mayonnaise, and masque, but I haven't used them yet.

I use the Roux Porosity Control Conditioner with my relaxer after my hair has been relaxed, but before the neutralizing step.

kitkat3ny

I'm so glad I asked for advise because I was going to head straight to the Revive and Restore line. It seems like the Mega Silk line is liked more.

LovelyLionessa

I love the Mega Cholesterol, like the other ladies said it is highly concentrated which is nice. I tried the old formula of the Revive & Restore Anti- Breakage Cream and I liked it alright. Then I noticed they changed the formula and I moved on from that product altogether. I am quite fond of the Megasilk Leave-In cream, the ironic thing is its ingriedients are identical to the Revive & Restore Moisturizing lotion just different packaging, which strikes me as somewhat odd. :confused:

The Revive & Restore Hair Mayo was just okay for me. In fact I had a nasty experience where I really slathered it on and it left my hair feeling way to elastic. :perplexed

However, there is a whole host of Sally's products that I absolutely love, that place is a real treasure trove. :drunk:

yourleoqueen

Okay, not to hi-jack, but did ya'll know there was a Creme of Nature Porosity Corrector Conditioner?

I got it the other day. Since all of these are Revlon products, I imagine they have all the same ingredients, plus I got 32 oz for the same price as the 16 oz Roux Porosity Control.

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Oleyl Betaine, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Guar Hyproxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Lecithin, Lactic Acid, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Ext. D&C Violet #2, D&C Green #5, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Could someone post the ingredient list for the Roux?

Last edited:
roux porsity control ingredients:

water, propylene glycol, dicecetyldimonium chloride, oleyl betaine, lecithin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, dmdm hydantoin, fragrance, lactic acid, titanium dioxide, mica, methylparaben, propylparaben, violet 2, green 5

aprilbiz

Looks like the same product with the former being marketed to black women. I know the order of ingredients is supposed to denote the concentration levels (?), but I wonder...

I also noticed that they have re-vamped the Roux Porosity product line... not sure if there is a difference in the blue bottles and the white an black.