My Official Salerm/NTM Leave In Comparison

Tracy

It's official. Salerm beats NTM Leave In.

I began using Salerm again after a brief hiatus and I'm once again in love. My colored hair is going through it's whining/frizzing/unhappy/fuzzy stage (it always does this after a fresh color - esp when I'm in "get the color right" mode) and Salerm has been a god send. I still love the serum and the shampoo - and the leave in IS great. But Salerm wins.
wink.gif

Re: My Official Salerm/NTM Leave In Comparison

I tried my NTM leave-in for the first time this past Sunday. I'm in agreement with you. Salerm does beat NTM.
smile.gif

It's official! Pls make room... I have officially joined the Salerm bandwagon!
band2.gif

Salerm is off the chain! Off the meat hook! Totally gully!! Salerm is the BOMB!!! It's, it's, well... you get the point.

I bought Salerm this wknd based on Lindy's and Boadicea's urgings and rave reviews. I just used it last night. Now, when I say that I immediately noticed it's benefits (shine, softness, pleasant fragrance), I am not exaggerating. Instantly!
smile.gif
But I was still reserved w/my hopes and full review.

Well, honey... I combined that w/my KeraCare setting lotion and airdried for 2 hrs and can we say, "BLING-BLING"? I had to finish drying w/my blowdryer and I cannot emphasize enough how soft my hair felt! *sigh* I was still waiting for the other shoe to drop... (I know, such a pessimist
wink.gif
)

Anyhoo, make a long story short- it never dropped. Salerm lives up to all the hoopla... and goes beyond. After heat styling and primping and all that good stuff, my hair looked and felt salon fresh. Now, I've been able to do this before (salon look), but there is a noticeable difference to me. The way my hair FEEEEEEELLLSSS and the way it moves is just like a white persons (no offense to anyone), but it does. I'm not just talking about bounce and swing b/c I've already achieved that, but that to the umpteenth power!!! I really can't put it into words, but trust me I know my hair. And I've always done well by it and love it. But now I love it even more b/c of Salerm 21.

There are some major hair inventions that have changed hairdressing for colored folks:
1. Pressing comb (thank God for Madame CJ Walker)!
2. Perm
3. Ceramic iron
4. SALERM 21!!!!!!!!!!!

clap.gif
clap.gif
weird.gif
weird.gif

I just posted in another thread that I am only using drugstore products, so please tell me that Salerm is in drugstores???
laugh.gif

I am NOT a PJ, but after realizing only recently just how soft my hair can be with the right products, I am willing to experiment with leave-ins and conditioners...

Thanks, Tracy! I knew it!! I am not surprised. I've been singing the praises of Salerm for a long time now! I absolutely love it and can't live without it.
smile.gif

Alright--believe me or not--I have not tried the Salerm. What makes it so wonderful in you guys' opinions?

I cant imagine anything being better than NTM Leave-in. See now I have to try this stuff
Does it leave your hair silky like NTM?

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Alright--believe me or not--I have not tried the Salerm. What makes it so wonderful in you guys' opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]
It makes my hair feel so nice and silky.

BTW, Supergirl. I am
shocked.gif
that you don't have Salerm 21 in your hair care stash.

Wow, this is post 10,000 for me.
laugh.gif
I hope the system doesn't crash.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Salerm leaves my hair so soft and silky, especially when I air dry. I'm also in love with the scent.
smile.gif

Now I know that I'll just stick to my salerm. Thanks, Tracy. If it's not broke, don't fix it and I love my Salerm.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
BTW, Supergirl. I am
shocked.gif

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo Hoo! Post 10K --Watch Out America
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SilkyandSmooth said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Salerm leaves my hair so soft and silky, especially when I air dry. I'm also in love with the scent.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA. I mean, it's not like it has a whole bunch of new and mysterious ingredients that we've never heard of before in it, but it works like nothing else I've ever tried. Well, obviously it has the right amt of something in it b/c it is truly a great product.
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
BTW, Supergirl. I am
shocked.gif

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo Hoo! Post 10K --Watch Out America
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
trampoline.gif

Dolce Dawn,

What does it smell like?

Are you guys talking about Salerm 21? I hear that this is supposed to be a rinse out conditioner and not a leave-in.

I was told it could be used as a rinse out or as a leave-in.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Dolce Dawn,

What does it smell like?

Are you guys talking about Salerm 21? I hear that this is supposed to be a rinse out conditioner and not a leave-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we're talking about Salerm 21. It is mainly a leave in, but some use it as both. The smell, to me, is a light powdery smell, but not nauseating like baby powder. It's pleasant. I like it (the smell).
smile.gif

LHCF Guidelines:

*In order to join this site--you must not know your credit card numbers by memory... (having to get up to actually get the card will lead to you buying less of the products mentioned on the board)
laugh.gif

$8.99 + $5.00 for shipping at Metro Beauty. Is it worth it?

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
LHCF Guidelines:

*In order to join this site--you must not know your credit card numbers by memory... (having to get up to actually get the card will lead to you buying less of the products mentioned on the board)
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

SG-

I grappled w/this, too (the price). I ended up calling the Dominican salons here and found that they carried it. I pd $10 for mine. I think that's OK b/c I think Kercare sells theirs for around that much if not a couple of dollars more.

All I'll say is that if you can't find a place or salon in your area that sells it then maybe you should buy it from Metro. My rationale is that you only need to use a small amt to reap the benefits so it'll last awhile; the price is not THAT bad compared to other salon quality leave-ins (NYers have it the best, one place there sells it for 6.99!!
shocked.gif
); the product is EXCELLENT; and you can't beat the rewards. Yes, it's worth it.

And worse case scenario, if you don't like it you'll have people killing themselves trying to buy it from you!
wink.gif

You sure are convincing. I'm the kind of PJ that whenordering something online, I don't want to pay shipping for just 1 item--so I try to get 2 or three items to go into the order
laugh.gif

Any other recommendations?

hey dolce dawn (fellow atlien),
wave.gif
I'm glad to hear that you had a great experience with salerm. I also live in the atlanta area and was wondering which salon has the product. I actually live in lithonia.

Oh yeah Supergirl, too late, I already know my credit card number by heart. And this is soooooo bad. I can order from QVC or HSN with the quickness.
phone.gif

SG-

I'm totally w/you on the shipping thing. I haven't been to their site in awhile, but I'm sure you can find something else on there you like (not that you need anything else to add to your haircare collection!
wink.gif
)

Whassup, kitchen tician!
wave.gif

I called Lilly's on JC Blvd and Sula's on Peachtree Rd and they both sell it for $10. There's another place on JC that sells it, but their name escapes me. They were selling it for $12 (hmm... maybe that's why I forgot the name).

Thanks Dolce Dawn. I'll try lilly's on jimmy carter, after I use up some of the other products I have.
drunk.gif

DolceDawn & Kitchen Tician: I live in the Atlanta area too(Cobb County). FYI: Dominician Internationl Hair Salon on Franklin Blvd. in Marietta has Salerm products. I had my last touchup and trim there by Delia -- very very good experience and will definately be back. I haven't bought salerm yet even though she used salerm 21 after my affirm touchup (have so much hair stuff in my cabinet, I simply can't justify buying anything new until at least my next touchup in about a month!) Anyway, the 6oz salerm 21 sells for $10 there.

OMG!!!! Does Delia cut hair, too? How about color? I'm looking for someone to do color... How long is your hair? Did she do the infamous blow out on you? How are their prices? (Can you tell I am really interested
laugh.gif
)

Thx so much for the extra Salerm info! That's good to know b/c I work in Marietta!

Back