My real life 4a/b relaxed hair inspiration

J

JenniferMD

is my little cousin. She's 15 years old and has a head full of gorgeous 4a/b relaxed hair. She doesn't really have a strict regime but this is what she does:

- She shampoos and conditions once every two weeks with Pantene
- She only uses heat once every two weeks when she blow drys her hair
- gets a relxer every 3 months
- She usually only wears her hair in a bun, but lately she's been wearing it out more. However, when ever she comes home she immediately ties her hair up.
- She always wraps her hair in a silk scarf at night
- she doesn't use grease
- drinks an insane amount of water (this is something I noticed on my own)

Here are some pics I took:

http://public.fotki.com/JenniferMD/hair_inspirations/

ms_kenesha

Very pretty hair, it looks about 2-3 inches past brastrap, is that right? How'd she get such healthy hair habits? I wish I was that diligent when I was 15.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
I wish I was that diligent when I was 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Just avoiding heat would have saved me a lot of hair! Her hair looks very pretty, Jennifer.

Ayeshia

Great hair!!!!...I thought that hair model was her too for a minute. Its good that she has good habits at a young age

DigitalRain

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
Great hair!!!!...I thought that hair model was her too for a minute. Its good that she has good habits at a young age

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. At 15, my best friends was a scorching curling iron and Pink Oil Moisturizer.

jasmine

your cousin has nice hair.
if she doesnt use grease, then what else does she put in her hair to keep it from getting dry?

Isis

She already has the knowledge at such a young age. Minimal heat seems to be the key and drinking all that water really moisturizes the skin and hair from the inside out. Her hair is gorgeous!

J

JenniferMD

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Very pretty hair, it looks about 2-3 inches past brastrap, is that right? How'd she get such healthy hair habits? I wish I was that diligent when I was 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, her hair is about 3 inches past brastrap. I can't understand where she got her healthy hair habits from because she's an only child who lives with her dad. She only lived with her mom for a very short period of time from age 3-8 when she was in Japan so I'm not sure if that's when she picked up on how to care for her hair. Part of me thinks she has such a good hair routine because she's not trying to be cute like I was in jr. high school. I wanted to wear my hair out, curly, and flat-ironed. She's very quite and shy so she just keeps her hair in a bun all the time.

J

JenniferMD

[ QUOTE ]
jasmine said:
your cousin has nice hair.
if she doesnt use grease, then what else does she put in her hair to keep it from getting dry?

[/ QUOTE ]

She uses Doo Gro stimulating growth oil and another moisturizer that she can't remember at the moment.

shoelover1972

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
She already has the knowledge at such a young age. Minimal heat seems to be the key and drinking all that water really moisturizes the skin and hair from the inside out. Her hair is gorgeous!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your cousin sounds so sweet. You see so many girls her age trying to keep up with fashion and in the process frying their hair.

WOW if I had her routine at that age (nearly 17 years ago) my hair would now be down to my ankles