My Review on the Sebastians Colourshines Rinse in Clear

Cincysweetie

Hey ladies! :wave:

I said that after I purchased and used the Sebastians Colourshines Rinse in Clear that I would write up a review about it for those of you interested in experimenting with a clear rinse. Anyway, I bought the rinse from bargainside, which was the best deal that I could find. They had very speedy service also. I applied the rinse last Tuesday after shampooing my hair, following the instructions on the bottle closely. I had two complaints with the instructions. One, they said to apply the rinse when the hair was 75% dry. I thought that was a silly way to put it, and just kinda improvised on what I thought was 75% dry. Second, I did not feel that they were explicit enough on how much product should be use. So again I improvised, making sure that all of my hair was coated with the product and that I combed it through as best as possible. Hopefully, that was the right thing to do. The product was a light yellow (not quite clear) and had a scent but not a strong, chemically scent. Then I covered my hair with a plastic cap and sat under the dryer on HIGH heat for 20 minutes. I let my hair cool for about 10 minutes (the instructions said 5, but oh, well) and then shampooed again and deep conditioned with Humectress, KerapHix and EVOO. Rinsed that, and then styled my hair.

I didn't really notice any added shine, but my hair was VERY soft and smooth. It was easy to detangle and style and overall felt really nice. I put it up in a bun as usual and moisturized over the next several days. At this point, I didn't really notice much of a difference in my hair but was figuring I'd wait until I got it straightened on Friday to really make a conclusion on the product. So on Friday, I got my hair washed again and then styled. I had good, smooth results and lots of shine...however, I'm not sure if I would attribute it to the rinse. Several people have told me that my hair looks lighter and some have asked if I colored it. Again, I don't attribute it to the rinse...but I will say that maybe the rinse seemed to enhance my natural hair color, making the color more vibrant...which was the thing I probably liked best about the product. All in all I'd say that it's a good product, but I think that the shine I do have could have easily been achieved using my coconut oil and Clairol Vitapointe. The smoothness was also a plus, and I am interested to see if my hair will still feel as smooth the next time I wash my hair. So, I will def. use the rinse again, but I'm not sure that I would purchase another bottle in the future. Thanks again to those who participated in the poll on clear rinses. Pictures of my results can be found in my fotki album in the 3rd folder.

**Sorry for any typos, I don't feel like proof-reading this post, lol** :D

Last edited:

lovechic

Cincysweetie said:
You are welcome! And sorry that I just now saw and responded to your PM.
Okay, CooL! Your hair is :love: Gorgeous!!! I love the color! Girl, I can't believe you've been hiding all that beautiful hair! WOW! Keep up the good work!

Cincysweetie

lovechic said:
Okay, CooL! Your hair is :love: Gorgeous!!! I love the color! Girl, I can't believe you've been hiding all that beautiful hair! WOW! Keep up the good work!
Thanks lovechic! I appreciate the compliments. :)

CincySweetie,
I also put the clear rinse in my hair and I did not notice a blinding shine. I got it done at the hair salon. It did leave my hair with really soft and with more body. I was really concerned that she had done something wrong. I want that shine but oh well.

Last edited:

myco

Cincysweetie said:
Hey ladies! :wave:

I said that after I purchased and used the Sebastians Colourshines Rinse in Clear that I would write up a review about it for those of you interested in experimenting with a clear rinse. Anyway, I bought the rinse from bargainside, which was the best deal that I could find. They had very speedy service also. I applied the rinse last Tuesday after shampooing my hair, following the instructions on the bottle closely. I had two complaints with the instructions. One, they said to apply the rinse when the hair was 75% dry. I thought that was a silly way to put it, and just kinda improvised on what I thought was 75% dry. Second, I did not feel that they were explicit enough on how much product should be use. So again I improvised, making sure that all of my hair was coated with the product and that I combed it through as best as possible. Hopefully, that was the right thing to do. The product was a light yellow (not quite clear) and had a scent but not a strong, chemically scent. Then I covered my hair with a plastic cap and sat under the dryer on HIGH heat for 20 minutes. I let my hair cool for about 10 minutes (the instructions said 5, but oh, well) and then shampooed again and deep conditioned with Humectress, KerapHix and EVOO. Rinsed that, and then styled my hair.

I didn't really notice any added shine, but my hair was VERY soft and smooth. It was easy to detangle and style and overall felt really nice. I put it up in a bun as usual and moisturized over the next several days. At this point, I didn't really notice much of a difference in my hair but was figuring I'd wait until I got it straightened on Friday to really make a conclusion on the product. So on Friday, I got my hair washed again and then styled. I had good, smooth results and lots of shine...however, I'm not sure if I would attribute it to the rinse. Several people have told me that my hair looks lighter and some have asked if I colored it. Again, I don't attribute it to the rinse...but I will say that maybe the rinse seemed to enhance my natural hair color, making the color more vibrant...which was the thing I probably liked best about the product. All in all I'd say that it's a good product, but I think that the shine I do have could have easily been achieved using my coconut oil and Clairol Vitapointe. The smoothness was also a plus, and I am interested to see if my hair will still feel as smooth the next time I wash my hair. So, I will def. use the rinse again, but I'm not sure that I would purchase another bottle in the future. Thanks again to those who participated in the poll on clear rinses. Pictures of my results can be found in my fotki album in the 3rd folder.

**Sorry for any typos, I don't feel like proof-reading this post, lol** :D

I had the same results with the Colourshines. My hair felt good but it wasn't shiny enough for a "salon only/professional" product, IMO. That's why I switched to Clairol's Clear Radiance. Same, if not better results at half the price.

Cincysweetie

toinette said:
Cincy, you have such pretty hair!! what is the dye that you used on your hair?
Hey Toinette! Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it! :)

THe first 6-8 inches or so of my hair has no dye in it, just my natural color and the Sebastians Colourshines. My ends do have some color in them that was meant to match the color at the top of my head. I had an unfortunate hair color incident a couple summers ago, so I'm currently recovering from that. I forget what exactly the color is, but if you look in the first album of my fotki I name the product and try to explain what happened with my hair color.

LadyZ, thank you so much! I'm loving your hair too, your progress is so inspiring!

BB and Myco, I guess the Colourshines didn't give me blinding shine. Oh, well...I may try something else, but it's good to know that I wasn't the ONLY person that didn't have those results. Maybe sometime down the road after my Sebastians is all gone I'll try the Clairol product.