my scalp is always itchy!!

asummertyme

i dont care if i wash it every other day.........i wash my hair 2-3 times a week and it is always itchy!! but i do have a tendecy to sweat in my scalp...could that be the problem??? does this happen to anyone else?

chocolate01

I have dry scalp which tends to itch and get flaky. My doctor told me I had seb. dermetitis. He gave a shampoo but I never used it. I usually wash my hair once a week and apply sulfer 8 to my scalp and let my hair airdry. I usually reapply the sulfur 8 every other day or every 3 days until I wash. I also try to drink plenty of water. If it's something that keeps persisting I would see a doctor. HTH

Wolftrap

I used to have that same problem until I discovered Keracare Dry and Itchy scalp formula shampoo. I have had no problems since then. My hair would be itchy no matter how much I washed. And I have tried neutrogena T-Gel, head and shoulders all kinds of stuff for itchy scalp and they were drying out my hair. The Keracare to my surprise keeps it moisturized too. I don't think I will ever switch shampoos.

DelightfulFlame

you may be reacting to the SLS in the shampoo. Have you tried using shampoo without this ingredient? Shampoo was drying my scalp out really bad, which was causing the itching and flaking (dry skin).

ChoclatePrincess

My dermatologist told me I had Seborrheic Dermatitis and she prescribed Nizarol shampoo and I wouldn't shampoo my hair without it. My scalp would itch right after I got it washed and I would see flakes. Seborrheic Dermatitis can cause hair loss!

asummertyme

where can i find nizorol?....i dont really get flakes, unless vi wait a full week to wash...........just the itchy's

LABETT

I have seborrheic dermatitis also and I have the 2% prescription strength nizoral shampoo the over the counter nizoral shampoo does not work for me.
I do a pre-hot oil treatment with evoo then use the shampoo because it can be drying and follow with a moisturizing shampoo.
Since I started doing co washes and my pre-hot oil treatment and taking flax oil seed I am flake free.
I have not use my nizoral shampoo in months.
I think it more effective stopping itching than removing flakes my hair never itched when using nizoral.

chocolate01

[ QUOTE ]
asummertyme said:
where can i find nizorol?....i dont really get flakes, unless vi wait a full week to wash...........just the itchy's

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get a presciption from your doctor or you can get it over the counter in most drug stores.