My shedding is causing thinness :(

Miosy

I have to get this shedding under control because my hairs us is looking thinner and the shed hairs are pulling and breaking the regular hair

Any advice pleazzzze :(

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Miosy said:
I have to get this shedding under control because my hairs us is looking thinner and the shed hairs are pulling and breaking the regular hair

First of all what are you doing to your hair? Are you under a lot of dress? Are you ill or felling under the weather? Any changes in your diet? Approximately how much hair are you losing? When did the shedding start? What are you using when your hair started to shedding? Sorry for all the questions but trying to play detective.

Isis

I remember you mentioning abnormal shedding before. When exactly did your shedding start Moisy? And what is different in your life since the shedding started?

Any hormonal changes going on, like birth control pills or another pregnancy?
Are you anemic?
Any major stress in your life?
Are you taking medication?
Besides your eating habits, which generally doesn't cause major shedding unless there is crash or yo-yo dieting, the above came to mind.

Allandra

Miosy said:

In 1998, my hair started shedding terribly (due to medication). In 1999, I got a short hair cut because my super thick hair had thinned terribly. I started taking Nature Made Super B-Complex. I had read on hair boards back then that it was good for hair, skin and nails. It really did help me a great deal.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Allandra said:
In 1998, my hair started shedding terribly (due to medication). In 1999, I got a short hair cut because my super thick hair had thinned terribly. I started taking Nature Made Super B-Complex. I had read on hair boards back then that it was good for hair, skin and nails. It really did help me a great deal.

I had a similar situation. I took Accutane back in 2003 and it gave me major shedding. I had my hair cut to neck length to make my hair look thicker. Then I took Allandra's recommendation to take NatureMade Super B-Complex...my hair has never been thicker. I can hardly see my scalp unless I make a deep part. I still have 2 areas of my edges that still need to fill in. I just can't wait until it gets longer! Good luck!

Allandra

Poohbear said:
I had a similar situation. I took Accutane back in 2003 and it gave me major shedding. I had my hair cut to neck length to make my hair look thicker. Then I took Allandra's recommendation to take Nature Made Super B-Complex...my hair has never been thicker. I can hardly see my scalp unless I make a deep part. I still have 2 areas of my edges that still need to fill in. I just can't wait until it gets longer! Good luck!
Hey Poohbear :wave: , I'm glad it's working out for you. :)

Isis

I'm going to recommend Nature Made Super B Complex to an acquaintance, when the opening appears. I see her off and on for a year now and her hair was once bra strap and thick and has gradually thinned to the point where it's scary. She is white with what looks like type 2 naturally curly hair. I saw her recently and I could see her whole scalp with strands of long curly hair here and there. She's 21 years old.
Thanks for sharing your successes Allandra and Poohbear.