My short hair dilemma

ScandalousBeauty

Aight, y'all know I have short hair. Now, I really love my cut. I have put my MTG to the side, and my keracare and mizani is put away as well. I have to go to the salon to get my hair done again. :mad: I mean, I love my stylist to death, but I was saving so much rollersetting my hair.

Anyway, why the hell is it that my hair is growing out of control??? I mean, with this cut, I don't want my hair to grow! Now, the whole left side of my hair has new growth and the right side doesn't. I don't know, I guess the last time she gave me a relaxer it didn't sit long enough on that side. And I have to pay to get my hair done all the time, $35 every two weeks.

My BF loves my cut, I love my cut, my family and friends love my cut.

Now, I am debating going natural again. My hair is growing in so thick and so fast, I am just curious to see how it would turn out! I would probably wear braids and cornrows for a year, then start wearing my natural hair out. It would also be easier for me to BC because there isn't much relaxed hair.

Dag...my dilemma. What do I do?

amy1234

hi lilchocolatema! in my opinion (or if I were you) I think you should just do the bc now, and experiment being natural!

I can easily picture your sporting a twa (with highlights and defined curls ;) ) and I think it would look so cute!! plus you'll never have to wonder what it would have been like to start from scratch.

I went natural a few years back but I transitioned so I know that I did regret not starting from a twa. just my 2cents.

Last edited:

Eursla

Hey Lady,

Just wanted you to know that your hair cut looks GREAT! and you are beautiful. It's very becoming of you. You are an inspiration to me. I was peeping your regimen cause your hair resembles mine...a lot. My hair grows slow also. Just need to figure out how to keep it from snapping at the line of demarcation (new growth and relaxed hair). I'll just continue to follow your posts to see what works for you.

Keep up the good work!

-Eursla ;0)

RainbowCurls

Your current style is fab.
But if you are worried about the frequent expense, and you are curious about wearing your hair natural... I think you secretly want to go natural ;)

I say BC then if you change your mind you can relax again after a while.
Short hair is so versatile!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My hair is doing the same thing as yours except it is backwards.:lol: The back of my hair is growing like wildfire and the rest of my hair has yet to catch up with it. It looks like it is natural in the back and relaxed in the front.:confused: It was relaxed bone strait 12/30 last year. Go figure. Hair will grow the way it wants and do what it wants to do. I have been taking the omega 3 fish oil vits, but my hair growth took off when I started taking the B complex vitamins. Perhaps you have added something to your diet that makes your hair happy. Hope everything works out for you.