Problem....Short Hair Long Hair

luxe.li.

So I signed up for the 2009 LHCF Bootcamp, but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I have a short hair cut, my hair's black, it looks like the Keyshia Cole hair cut. I love it, I have my days when I don't like it, but ultimately I'm in love with my hair cut. And it's self done.

My issue is I want to grow my hair long, but I love my short hair.

Has anyone ever had that dilemma?

MichL

I have. I also cut my hair myself and I have bangs. I always get compliments on my cut and most importantly, I like it.
But as my hair grows out, I'm finding new styles that look just as cute. I say, as long as you feel comfortable, go with it. You can always trim it if you don't feel as comfortable with long hair. But you'll never know until you grow it out.
And good luck with the Boot Camp! I have so much admiration for everyone that joins.

gorgeous86

No, but I can understand what you mean. Your hair in your avi is very cute. Maybe you can keep your hair short and wear extensions/wigs when you want something long. I would probably do that until I was absolutely tired of the short hair cut.

OT: I like the glasses in your avi

prospurr4

So I signed up for the 2009 LHCF Bootcamp, but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I have a short hair cut, my hair's black, it looks like the Keyshia Cole hair cut. I love it, I have my days when I don't like it, but ultimately I'm in love with my hair cut. And it's self done.

My issue is I want to grow my hair long, but I love my short hair.

Has anyone ever had that dilemma?

Not me...I love long hair and have never delt with the issue of wanting short hair. You could grow your hair long and wear short-haired wigs when you felt the urge for a shorter do (if you're not anti-fake-hair, that is).

I wish you success with your hair journey,

MsOmri

I totally understand. I'm APL and have cut probably 4 inches over the past 6 months. It keeps growing back. One month I want to grow it long and the next I'm cutting it to right past SL. I say give it a try... you can always cut if you don't like it.

RegaLady

I am soooo in this boat! I just love short hair. I really do. As much as the ladies hair on this board look so darn cute, I am far more caught visually by a short hair cut. Besides I got more compliments on it:ohwell:. I feel you 100%. I am growing it out because I do want something different after 7 years of short hair. After my last cut, I felt bad about cutting it. And I didn't cut it again. I don't think I will go as long as most ladies here. But, I say do what you feel. If you like your short hair, than rock it. If you want long hair, than go for it. Belive me, if I don't like this hair thing after about 1-2 years and it doesn't grow the way I like it, I am choppin it off. Do you, whateve it is. You will know after you go the the stylist. If you regret the cut, than grow it out. If you feel liberated and sexy after you cut it, than rock it short:yep:!

luxe.li.

Honestly I love my short do, I didn't think I would ever look right with short hair, the longest my hair has been is 1" above APL and I am curious to have APL or BSL hair, but right now I'm unsure. I know men love women with long hair, but I guess this cut fits me because I didn't expect to get the looks and compliments that I've got.

I'm a person who thrives on change, I'll probably keep my short hair for its duration, let it grow as long as it can but I KNOW, lol that I'll probably chop my long hair off once I'm tired of it.

As for weaves, I've worn them before, but I prefer my own hair. Short or Long. Everytime I try to wear a weave I want to take it down after a week. The only weave I can deal with is braids, and even then I get agitated when I can't wash my hair, comb my hair the way I want too. lol

Some people live there whole lives to grow long hair, I really really want to grow my hair long, but I'll probably chop it off after a year. After all my motto and notion is that it will grow back. we'll see I'm suppose to do the 2009 Bootcamp!LOL

RegaLady

Honestly I love my short do, I didn't think I would ever look right with short hair, the longest my hair has been is 1" above APL and I am curious to have APL or BSL hair, but right now I'm unsure. I know men love women with long hair, but I guess this cut fits me because I didn't expect to get the looks and compliments that I've got.

I'm a person who thrives on change, I'll probably keep my short hair for its duration, let it grow as long as it can but I KNOW, lol that I'll probably chop my long hair off once I'm tired of it.

As for weaves, I've worn them before, but I prefer my own hair. Short or Long. Everytime I try to wear a weave I want to take it down after a week. The only weave I can deal with is braids, and even then I get agitated when I can't wash my hair, comb my hair the way I want too. lol

Some people live there whole lives to grow long hair, I really really want to grow my hair long, but I'll probably chop it off after a year. After all my motto and notion is that it will grow back. we'll see I'm suppose to do the 2009 Bootcamp!LOL
Who cares what some men like. To be honest, I got far more attention from men when I had shorter hair than longer hair. So don't factor that in. They like a woman who likes what she rocks. Good luck to you!:grin:

longhairlover

I agree with what you said, my mother has worn her hair short on purpose all her life, she loves her hair short, when I mention that she should grow it long she gets p'd off at me lol!!! and she gets alot of men and compliments because of it, they like that she's confident to wear her own hair and to look good with it short.

we don't always have to have long hair, i think the goal should just be nice healthy hair that's it, i think on tv and everywhere else it's like if you don't have long hair your not hot, it's not true, i love a lot of the shorter hairstyles they just take a lot of maintenance,

OP keep your hair short if that's what you like, it does look really nice on you. if it ain't broke don't fix it.

just my opinion.

Who cares what some men like. To be honest, I got far more attention from men when I had shorter hair than longer hair. So don't factor that in. They like a woman who likes what she rocks. Good luck to you!:grin:

luxe.li.

I still haven't decided.

My hair is now natural so I'm curious to see what my natural curl will look like APL, so I'mma grow it out, but I wouldn't be surprised at myself if I got it cut right back off. And now that my hair is natural, its thicker of course, so having my hair short and thicker is soo much better than short and thinning. lol