My Spiral Curls look like FRiZZ! (pics inside)

shellzfoshizzle

I made a post a few days ago because I want to achieve the 'twist/braidout' look but I can't braid nor will my hair stay twisted...soooooooooo, I bought me summa deez from Sallys...
209401.jpg

I washed my hair, conditioned, applied a leave-in, and put in alittle foam wrap setting lotion stuff. I 'rolled' my hair on the rods at an angle and positioned them so they were hanging down straight. I tried to sit under the dryer for a while, but my whole head wouldn't fit, so it's been air-drying for a while. Now. As I take them out...can somebody tell me why they DONT look like
newdancer.jpg
????!?!

It looks more like
big-hair-1.jpg
?LOL? I didn't use a comb, I finger combed them. Can somebody save me please?

Thanks!

ROFL!! I am a transitioner and have been trying the flexi-rod for about a month now. My flexi-rod come out frizzy and like a short rollerset, no matter how much I twist it downward. Lovelmissyoli is the professional when it comes to the flexi-rods, you may want to PM her. It does take some practice.

I can tell you why and knew right way without reading the entire post...... they weren't dry. I make my curls the same way when I use my flexi rods and have learned the hard way not to even think about taking them down until they are completely and totally dry. I mean they can't even be a little, teeny bit damp!

Its ok it the ends stick out of the dryer, the flow of air will make sure they dry or you can try a bonnet dryer like I do sometimes.

awww...if it truly looks like that picture I would comb it out and wear a big poofy ponytail..I'm just guessing that maybe the air-drying made it frizzy? or maybe you didn't roll it tight enough? I am so bad at roller-setting so I am just throwing things out there...

LOL...girl I feel you on the flexirods...I have the purple ones. I didn't get a tremendous amount of frizz but I had SOOOOOOOO many tangles. I was too upset. I put them bad boys in a box and haven't touched them since. Good luck with that.

I am back to give a shot out to shellzfoshizzle website. I like it! BTW, I'm in the computer field too(Programmer). I have a BBA in Information Systems.

See, simplycee, I MADE SURE they were dry, but I guess not. I kept on unravelling some to see "the spiral" and how beautiful they were going to look. But so much for that! Im so frustrated. I just re wet my hair with some water, left all my mess on the sink and wrapped my hair. Screw it. But I want some curls hot dammit! LOL. Im so tired of wearing this stupid part on the side and a wrap! I guess I'ma just have to pay somebody $30 to do the ish for me!

I feel your pain trust me I do! I kept doing the same thing to myself but then I got determined it was gonna work for me because I brought all those rods. :lol:

What temp is the dryer you are sitting under? I dry on med het under my hooded dryer and on high on my bonnet dryer (it doesn't get as hot). I sit usually for an hour to an hour and a half.

Don't give up!

Back