My Very First Wig

purplepeace79

After 15 years of being natural, I decided to do a photoshoot that displayed me totally different from what I normally look like so I bought a wig. Here are a couple of shots taken after the shoot was over. What y'all think? I felt weird, honestly. I got a LOT of positive male attention with it and I found myself wondering, would I have gotten this without the wig? Especially since I was wearing a rainbow pride shirt lol Maybe it was the shirt? Yall know dudes are nasty lol

Any way most folks said it was cute. I liked not having to do my hair for an evening. I think I'm going to experiment more.

Naturals who wear wigs, what are your hair care regimens under the wigs?
How long do you wear the same wig? How do you maintain a wig? This was synthetic, keep that in mind. I wont ever be wearing lacefronts.

All input welcomed.

For comparison's sake, how I look normally:

Harina

I think it's cute. I like the shape and the bangs, but it's a little too shiny, like even the healthiest relaxed hair would not be that shiny. I think their are ways to reduce the shine. I don't wear wigs but I'm sure others will chime in.

purplepeace79

Thanks. I cant see myself wearing wigs on a daily basis, but just now and then to spice things up. Im not trying to make it look real if that makes sense lol But i think i read something about reducing shine