MY WIG IS DEAD

neanie

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: <<----- My distraught expression right now

My Human Curly half wig has lost its curl and looks dry and frizzy
i have tried clarifying and using a curl conditioner and also mousse on different occasions which has worked temporily but after a few hours the hair grows bigger and frizzier!!
Now to be frank the wig looks like a huge puffball
ino ino i can just buy another wig but seeing as it's human i was hoping there could be some way i could revive i for example would silicon mix help ?

DrC

I guess it depends on how bad the damage is to the wig.

When one of my wigs start to act up, I would spray it with some conditoner mixed with water and it helped. have you tried that??

foxee

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: <<----- My distraught expression right now

My Human Curly half wig has lost its curl and looks dry and frizzy
i have tried clarifying and using a curl conditioner and also mousse on different occasions which has worked temporily but after a few hours the hair grows bigger and frizzier!!
Now to be frank the wig looks like a huge puffball
ino ino i can just buy another wig but seeing as it's human i was hoping there could be some way i could revive i for example would silicon mix help ?

Try the microwave method. Saturate the wig with water and slather it with Silicon Mix. Put it in a ziploc bag and microwave it for 1 minute. (Be careful with the wig, it will be hot). Remove the wig from the bag, rinse it with cold water and then air dry.

I revived a couple human hair wigs with this method. It works like a steam treatment. :)

Detroit2Dallas

Girl throw that thing away. Only thing coming back from the dead was Lazarus and Jesus. And unless thats the name of yo wig its a safe bet that its seen better days. Aint nothing more embarassing than walking around with a squirrel on your head thinking you look good.

Take my advice, If your wig look like its too tight to fight you may just wanna invest in a new one. I'll be the LHCF representative and speak for all of us when I say we dont want to see you looking like this

GIFSoup

:dighole:

ETA if you gotta fry yo wig in a microwave like a greasy piece of bacon its just time to let it go

DONT DO IT GINA :nono:

Last edited:

foxee

Girl throw that thing away. Only thing coming back from the dead was Lazarus and Jesus. And unless thats the name of yo wig its a safe bet that its seen better days. Aint nothing more embarassing than walking around with a squirrel on your head thinking you look good.

Take my advice, If your wig look like its too tight to fight you may just wanna invest in a new one. I'll be the LHCF representative and speak for all of us when I say we dont want to see you looking like this

GIFSoup

:dighole:

ETA if you gotta fry yo wig in a microwave like a greasy piece of bacon its just time to let it go

DONT DO IT GINA :nono:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Hey! I did this with a couple $300 LF's. I wasn't ready to trash them just yet. But yeah, if it wig is a cheaper BSS wig, just buy another one.

neanie

Only thing coming back from the dead was Lazarus and Jesus

on a seriou note haha
i havent tried the microwave method becuse the wig has metal combs sown in
and yes i have tried the water and conditioner spray it only works for a few hours :(

Lady S

Have you tried just styling it with a curling iron/roller set? Isn't that supposed to be the upside of human hair? I always went towards the synthetics because my lazy butt didn't want to bother styling a wig and when it dies, it doesn't hurt so badly. :laugh:

*pours some conditioner out for neanie's wig*

drmuffin

Wow....for like two seconds I thought the title of this thread was "my WIFE is dead"...
Shows how much I pay attention to things :look:

I'm sorry about your wig though. Let's have a moment of silence.