MY WRAP LOOKS LIKE CRAP!!!!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
No matter what I do, or how I wrap it, my hair never looks right. Only one side comes out nice and laying right, while the other side looks like its about to take flight:perplexed. I've tried ear to ear, part down the middle and bring it up and around, part on the side and sweep it around, and the cross wrap was twisted!!! :wallbash: I am too through cuz I was going to an MLK event today and wanted to wear my hair down and I had to pin it up. Can anyone drop some tips or point me in the direction of a tutorial/fotki, PLEASE. TIA!!!

chebaby

if you use products that weigh the hair down then when you unwrap its going to be stiff while the side thats wraped first will be flat.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
if you use products that weigh the hair down then when you unwrap its going to be stiff while the side thats wraped first will be flat.

Thanks, but thats not it either. I am very light handed with products, but I do not put anything on it at this point. This just after unwrapping. So its somewhere in my technique or lack thereof. My friends laugh cuz I can't wrap for nothing!

chebaby

hmmmm. im not sure what it could be then. does the hair feel light and flowy, bouncy? do you use a wide tooth comb?

rainbowknots

I have this same problem, only my hair on BOTH sides look it's about take flight...I hate this so much because I love wearing wraps. I'm hoping that once I get some length in the back this will change. And like you, I'm confused on what to do

Dposh167

it happens. my hair did this when my hair was above SL. I think sometimes it has to do with the weight of the hair. The longer it gets...the better that 'other side' lays.

but yes...product helps. Oil helps too before u wrap it. Did u try the cross wrap? This has helped me when i want that 'one side' to lay down better.

lovelyme

Maybe it's time for a trim.
I would also try switching the direction each night you wrap (left side Monday right side Tuesday etc) HTH

blackpearl81

My hair never wraps good when my ends are tore up....and if its too dry. I dust every so often and my hair wraps perfectly.

Angelicus

To be honest with you, I never tried to wrap my hair when I was at your length. Rubbing three drops of olive oil in my hand and then putting them through my hair before wrapping keeps my hair looking good now.

jreagins

what about pin curling? Ive tried this the last few times i flat-ironed and my hair still had body without the one side about to take flight

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
hmmmm. im not sure what it could be then. does the hair feel light and flowy, bouncy? do you use a wide tooth comb?

yes. My hair feels nice, light and has swang. The prob is one side will be flipped up and the other curls down like it was wrapped. I don't know. It's just an issue I've had for years, and I've tried so many ways to wrap, and I always come out with a jacked up side. Now if its done it a salon its perfect! When I re-wrap after that its great. Its when I have to do it completely on my own.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I have this same problem, only my hair on BOTH sides look it's about take flight...I hate this so much because I love wearing wraps. I'm hoping that once I get some length in the back this will change. And like you, I'm confused on what to do

I am thinking the same, length issue. I am a lil past SL.

chebaby

when you do it at home are you rollersetting first or flat ironing?
i ask because im almost bsl and when i rollerset and wrap one side does look a little different, but when i flat iron and wrap my hair looks perfect.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
when you do it at home are you rollersetting first or flat ironing?
i ask because im almost bsl and when i rollerset and wrap one side does look a little different, but when i flat iron and wrap my hair looks perfect.

Rollersetting. Laying off the heat til I can get my hair in good health. But even when I flat ironed and wrapped, same deal. I stopped wrapping because I feel like its too much manipulation, especially when I am trying to lay down the "bad side". One day it will be ok.

SimpleKomplexity

I hope someone does a tutorial because I don't have it down packed either. When I do it, one side is flipped up. I know it's because of how I am combing it out, but I just don't get it. Sometimes I get it right....sometimes I don't

newflowers

So what do you do to make your wrap turn out good every night? I don't have the taking flight on one side problem, I'm still trying to deal with the beehive on the top of my head.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
How I start:

I dc everyweek, when I rinse I use ors olive oil moisturizer on wet hair then I blow dry with some heat protectant. Once dry flat iron.... then I use a dime sized amount of amla oil or olive oil.

I part my hair in the middle then I use a paddle brush to bring it wrap it around. I start by brushing the hair forward then around. I make sure the middle is flat too. The I use a silk scarf and I tie it at the front of my head. I don't use any clips to hold down my hair.

Next morning I use the same paddle brush to take it down. Voila.... no fly aways.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Just got a trim about 3 weeks ago. I moisturize & seal at night, nothing heavy. My hair hates heavy stuff. Tried cross wrapping, tried wrapping opposite sides each night. I know I am a mess! Tried to cover all the suggestions. I honestly just think its me. Oh yeah, I do pins curls to, but I am new at that, so they look as bad as my wrap! I was never a hairstylist.

newflowers

How I start:

I dc everyweek, when I rinse I use ors olive oil moisturizer on wet hair then I blow dry with some heat protectant. Once dry flat iron.... then I use a dime sized amount of amla oil or olive oil.

I part my hair in the middle then I use a paddle brush to bring it wrap it around. I start by brushing the hair forward then around. I make sure the middle is flat too. The I use a silk scarf and I tie it at the front of my head. I don't use any clips to hold down my hair.

Next morning I use the same paddle brush to take it down. Voila.... no fly aways.

Pretend this is wrapping for dummies - because with me it is - and please tell me step by step. And when you say you make sure the middle is flat - how exactly do you do that? I mean what are your hands doing? What is the brush doing? Are the stars alighned is a particular formation? Do you know what I mean when I say the beehive? It's like a conehead poof of hair at the crown with all of the hair arouund it brushed flat around my head. PLEASE MORE INFO!

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I moisturize and seal once a week.... I find my hair stays moisturized all week. Anything else makes it heavy. Even when I used BT or bee mine on my scalp I can only do it 2 times a week max or else my hair gets too oily.