Name your Favorite oil Treatment!

lamaria211

My hair doesn't like serums really so I was very reluctant to try one of these new oil treatments that have hit the hair care scene but I got a sample pack of this Creme of Nature Argan oil treatment and on a whim decided to try it out today and OMG I'm in love it left my hair so soft and silky I was amazed. So I did a Google search to find out which oil treatment was the best of the best before I actually went out and bought it.
From my research it seems that the Macadamia natural oil treatment is a top one and the Agidir-I hope I spelled that right. But I trust no one or no site more than you gals so what's your top favorite oil treatment????

Attachments

• 41OdVkLpZDL._SX300_-1.jpg
    41OdVkLpZDL._SX300_-1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 38

Angel of the North

I'm glad it worked out well for you, it's great when you can get to try something before you buy. I haven't done a HOT in like forever! I never specifically bought oil treatments, but I used to use my stash of natural oils to do HOTs. My all time favourites are hot 6 oil and carrot. I liked to mix my own too using some of my favourite oils together: hot 6, carrot, papaya, aloe vera and EVOO.

I really want to try the Mizani supreme oil as both a sealant and an oil treatment, but I also really want try the whole line too, so I'm staying disciplined I want to use up my stash before I start buying oils and new lines. You've inspired me to restart my HOTS again, I revisited pre-poo and co-washing today for the first time in over a year and loved the results, after my DC, I fully air dried and am happy with the results. I'm really enjoying getting back on my HHJ

lamaria211

I didn't use it as a HOT yet I just used it to seal in my leave in, then a little more a few hrs later when my hair was about 85% dry. I truly heart this stuff and I can't wait to use it as a HOT and add some to my DC sessions
Oh and it also smells great!

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

So what's the difference between those oil treatments vs regular oil?

I use a mix of evco, evoo, castor, and eo. I use this to seal as well as a HOT when I feel like doing one. I never understood the benefit of brand name oil treatments

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Seamonster

I love to seal with komaza moku oil. My favorite hot is neem, but I am starting to like mustard as well. My scalp loves stinky oil, but my hair like sweet smelling ones.

Mz.MoMo5235

Ahh! Now I get it!

For silicon the only thing I use is chi silk infusion. I'm scared to use a prod with oil and silicon mixed because I use the silicon as a heat protectant so I'm scared the real oil in the mix would cook my head lol

lamaria211

I also purchased Macadamia natural healing oil today for 40$. I had to sneak it in my house in an old McDonald's cup so dh doesn't kill me

aishasoleil

lamaria211 said:
I also purchased Macadamia natural healing oil today for 40$. I had to sneak it in my house in an old McDonald's cup so dh doesn't kill me

Okay this has me DYING!!!!

If he's anything like my DH, he'll already know what you bought anyway. I stopped trying to be sneaky a while ago. Dude would call me out just when I thought I got away with it. LMAO!!!!

soulglo

sesame,olive, tea tree oil heated for 25 seconds
makes my scalp feel great
but the sesame oil is pretty strong

MilkChocolateOne

silicone based - one n only argan oil treatment

oil based- proclaim natural 7 argan oil

EnExitStageLeft

Back in my cone days the only treatment I could get away with without dryness was the Proclaim Argan Oil Hair Treatment from Sally's. Seriously I still go to Sallys and stalk that stuff. BUT Sadly my hair and cones don't get along (even with regular sulfate usage). :( Its really sucks because I really want to try the Macadamia Oil Line (The Brand and The Sally's Version).

Barbara

Princess
I didn't know there were brand names for oil treatments? This is the first time I've ever heard of this.

Mz.MoMo5235

sesame,olive, tea tree oil heated for 25 seconds
makes my scalp feel great
but the sesame oil is pretty strong

the sesame oil doesn't have you smelling like stir fry? It's funny cause I just made fried noodles and my whole kitchen smells like it now lol

leiah

cantu shea butter's olive oil is really nice, i haven't been able to find it for a while though. I wonder if it's been discontinued.

venusfly

I use a mix of evco, evoo, castor, and eo. I use this to seal as well as a HOT when I feel like doing one. I never understood the benefit of brand name oil treatments

Agree! I usually use my own mix of oils rather than a brand name too (usually coconut, avocado, grape seed maybe wheat germ, safflower and eucalyptus). I also have Castor, Sweet Almond Oil, jojoba, White Camellia, Argan, Macadamia Nut and Red Palm Oil - all of which I use less frequently. Also wondering about brand name oils which I don't own any of......

Last edited:

Flawlis1

Ojon restorative hair treatment oil is about the best that I have used. I first purchased it in 2008, and have loved it since.

ronie

Macadamia natural healing oil is the truth.

Got me tempted but nah. I tried their mask in every way possible (2 jars), and my hair always came out hard, dry, and dull. I always had to bring in a back up when about to rinse it out. And every time my backup saved the day in 5 mns while in the shower. Backup is masquintense by the way. I always keep it handy in case of a disaster.
I am glad it works for you. And stop tempting me :lol:

soulglo

the sesame oil doesn't have you smelling like stir fry? It's funny cause I just made fried noodles and my whole kitchen smells like it now lol

:lachen:i only used a drop but the sesame was still strong :( but it worked so good

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Looooved the One and Only Argan oil when I was relaxed. I also loved the self warming coconut oil from Organix, but I think it's discontinued.....it was Magic for the boys hair when they were babies. So much better than baby oil. Now my favorite is the one I mix myself...coconut, castor, WGO, and a few drops of horsetail.

BronzyBella

Heated EVOO as a pre-poo. It works wonders for my daughter's hair as well, leaves it shiny and tangle free.

SimJam

before LHCF my stylists had me hooked on commercially prepared HOTs. The only difference I see is that my homemade mix is better :lachen:

My faves are:

any ceramide oil (wheat germ, hemp, walnut) mixed with olive and castor oil.

Amla oil (i have a prepared one) but once thats finished I'll just infuse some coconut/olive oil with amla powder.