Natrual 4B's and BKT

Lebiya

Are there any 4bz naturals who do NOT use heat when they apply BKT?

Did your curl patten loosen dramatically without heat at all?

...did your single strand knots, tangles go away without heat as well?

I want to start BKT'in but I do not want to use heat - I don't want straight hair, I just want to loosen my curl patten dramtically.

Do you think you could have achieved that same results doing a different method ---ex. caramelized treatment, natural coconut relaxer etc...I find those method work best on 4c hair and up, I have not seen/heard enough responses from those with my hair type to actually believe it works.

Chameleonchick

Heat has to be used for BKT to work properly.

There are ways to use BKT for just a looser curl and not for it to get/stay straight. The first person that comes to mind is Sheba1. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) she uses BKT to be able to wash and go and wet bun more easily. Hopefully she chimes in, I'm pretty sure there are others that use BKT like this.

sheba1

Heat has to be used for BKT to work properly.

There are ways to use BKT for just a looser curl and not for it to get/stay straight. The first person that comes to mind is Sheba1. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) she uses BKT to be able to wash and go and wet bun more easily. Hopefully she chimes in, I'm pretty sure there are others that use BKT like this.

Thanks, Chameleonchick, that is 100 percent correct. I hardly ever straighten my hair in between applications.

Yeah, OP, adding BKT to your hair and just washing it out without heat is just a waste of product, IMO. With BKT the curl pattern does not loosen because of some chemical reaction (like with a relaxer), it bonds to the hair with the heat; so no heat means no bonding; and all the product washes down the drain when you wash.

Have you considered using sour cream and lemons to reduce shrinkage, perhaps and possibly improve manageability? Henna, maybe?