Natural hair women or transistioners i need help!!!

First off it has been a long time since ive been on here, but due to my current hair situation i felt that it was time to take it back to my roots. I started my transition in November of 2007. During that time i transitioned out, regular trims etc. Over the course of time i have cut my hair, dyed my hair, and applied HEAT. I havent succumbed to the relaxer as i find that i will never go back, but as this year will make four years since ive been natural, no longer chemically straightened. My hair is not where i would like it to be. I feel that my hair is HEAT DAMAGED. Although i get regular trims, treatments, etc, and been told, stopped and acknowledged for keeping my hair in great condition. I think that it is either HEAT TRAINED or DAMAGED. Is there such thing as heat trained hair? I want to be able to wear my hair in its natural state without much manipulations. I feel i have to start my transition over. Any styles that i can do without heat. Ive attached some pics of my hair today. This is the only style that i can wear that actually shows some curl definition. my curl pattern due to the hear is more straight and wavy. :nono: Any suggestions to get my hair back on track?

Attachments

• IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 35

kupenda

Hi! I am currently transitioning as well and was worries abt heat damage. My curl pattern is looser in the middle than the new growth. I'm pretty sure I'm 4a but it's looking like 2b. I seem to have three textures. 4a roots, two to three inches of 2b, two inches or so if relaxed ends. It's crazy! So I do a lot of Bantu knot outs and phony buns. I also like getting sew ins. That should give u time to really compare your new growth with the parts you think are heat damaged. And therefore determine if u have to still transition. I hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF...I'm addicted!!

kupenda

Oh. And I don't believe in heat training. Either it's fanged or it's not. Trained though? Ehhh...

Hi! I am currently transitioning as well and was worries abt heat damage. My curl pattern is looser in the middle than the new growth. I'm pretty sure I'm 4a but it's looking like 2b. I seem to have three textures. 4a roots, two to three inches of 2b, two inches or so if relaxed ends. It's crazy! So I do a lot of Bantu knot outs and phony buns. I also like getting sew ins. That should give u time to really compare your new growth with the parts you think are heat damaged. And therefore determine if u have to still transition. I hope that helps

Its crazy because honestly i think that ive just loosened my natural curl pattern so much that it is mostly straight and some curls here and there. I feel as tho i will have to cut off alot of my hair. And ive been to many natural hair salons here in atlanta. And for starters my hair texture is so confusing to them. The left side of my hair curls and waves up and the right side not as much. and for some reason the ends curls up and the roots down are straight. So if i were to cut, i will be cutting off my curly textures hair and be left with the straight. I feel that i will have to BC and get it over with. :ohwell:

joytimes10

I got nothing. But your hair is pretty to me! I hope so more experience LHCFer's chime in. My texture is loose in the front and tighter in the crown and back. It could be because I never let it shrink, it's always stretched in plaits or a ponytail.