Natural ladies, do people ask if your mixed becuase of your curly twist out?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
:lachen::lachen:i just wanted to know becuase poeple often ask me if im mixed becuase my hair is so curly from the twist out. they say "oh you have the "good hair" all i do is twist at night, whats the big deal. so do you guys get those sort of questions?:grin:

washize

No they only ask if I'm mixed when my hair is long and striaghtned andThey ask me if I bleach my skin in the winter because "it's too light" :ohwell:

Neith

I wear twistouts like 98% of the time. Some people do ask.

I get the question no matter what though. Straight, twistout, shrunken fro.

I find it to be strange because I don't look mixed.

And to me a twistout on most type 4 hair doesn't look anything like natural type 3 ringlets or type 2 waves. :perplexed

Neith

No they only ask if I'm mixed when my hair is long and striaghtned andThey ask me if I bleach my skin in the winter because "it's too light" :ohwell:

This woman asked me that before too!!

WTH is wrong with some people? :lol:

purplepeace79

No.
People do, however, ask if I have a texturizer or jherri curl.
Interesting this is that my grandmother *is* White lol

MochaEyeCandy

I'm asked all the time if I'm mixed. I thought going natural would stop it, cause I just don't know how you can look at my 4wtf kinks & coils and think I'm anything but Black...but it happens more often now than before. People think I'm half Indian/Chinese/White. The Chinese I get, cause I have slanted, basically non-existent eyes :lachen: White I don't get cause I'm not ghostly light, and I have typical Black features. I understood Indian when I was relaxed, but it stumps me now...if it's not the hair, how exactly does one "look" Indian? :look:

Kneechay

Nope, people just inquire about my texture but NO one has ever assumed/asked if I was mixed. I'm full Nigerian and I don't even look mixed.

ActionActress

The whole "good hair" thing makes me cringe. No not mixed but people talk about my hair being of a "good grade." grrrrrrr... any excuse for not growing their own hair!!

it's gotten to the point I no longer give tips when they asking for them, when all they do is get defeated and say but YOUUUURR hair can do that.

MizzBrit

i have been question about my nationality..but not because of my hair( i dont think)..my hair texture doesnt allow my twist outs to come out curly...maybe thats why:lachen:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I really fooled them with this one

Nobody even tried the brown paper bag test that day

Songbirdb

I'm darker complected, but I still get it, not really because of my hair I don't think, but because of my eyes. They ask if I'm mixed with Asian lol

exoticmommie

When I wear twist outs people ask me is my hair like that naturally. And I will just tell them that I did twists with pillow rollers on the end.

LovingMe87

I've gotten the "you got that good hair" a few times when I wore a braidout. Others think its my "natural" texture. No "are you mix" questions though!!

testimony777

I don't get asked if I am mixed. Most of the time people just assume that I am something other than African-American entirely. I am frequently asked what I am or where am I from and many of my friends have told me that they didn't think I was African-American when they first met me; I don't get it.

aegis

i look like im straight from the islands...which i am...and have nappy hair....so....noooo.....i don't look like a white man or woman has ever comingled with my ancestors

BrooklynSouth

Nah..those who dare to ask know me well enough to expect a smart behind response or some type of sarcasm. My co-workers are those who see my twisted hair nearly daily. The most stated responses are.."Your hair is so soft and it is growing so fast." "I never knew you had hair like that." "Why did you wear wigs so much when your hair is so nice?"
I cannot tell you the times I've tried to explain my hair is the same 4b,{ littered with a bit of 4a} as theirs or the regimen of protective styles and wigs but my honest answer falls upon deaf ears....they just will not understand that the relaxed, dry hair they have can be as moisturized and soft as mine with care and daily attention. Yes, I used to hear the mixed comments once in a while but I laughed it off by telling them I am as African linked as they are. I am a rarity at my work site..a 100% Black American-ancestry straight from South Carolina via stolen from Africa ancestors. The funny thing is my East Indian co-worker with beautiful hair always in a protective braid who marveled how I knew about so many Indian hair products such as Keo-karpin, parachute coconut, shikaki, aritha, tulsi, etc.
She is the one who understands that care and the right products can result in manageable hair and never questions my ancestry.:ohwell: