Natural ladies, do people ask if your mixed becuase of your curly twist out?

Geminigirl

I have a light complexion and a curly grade of hair...so people just KNOW that I'm mixed or hell hispanic. I am neither. I don't let people know that I'm fluent in spanish either cause then they'll accuse me of lying lol which has happened. I cussed that ***** out good too. Told her I spoke french and some creole too and I wasn't haitian. Black people can't speak more than one language, dontchu know? And we only come in two shades, brown and black. And two grades of hair, nappy and nappier.
:ohwell:

(Off topic, if these chicks grab my hair at work ONE MO TIME I'm fittin to bite someone's hand off!!! OMG I LOVE YOUR HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *hand goes out, empressri ducks back*)

sorry had to get that off my chest

OMG. You had me fooled. I think most times when people say others are mixed they are referring to hair. Sometimes when I think someone could be mixed can go on facial features. I seen your channel. I thought you were hispanic too. You were diffusing your hair listening to spanish music. Your eyes, nose, looks kinda hispanic. That is no disrespect to you because I know we come in all shades but if I saw you walking around I would think you were hispanic unless you told me otherwise. If you told me otherwise I wouldn't have a hard time believing you.

Now I know just because you listen to certain music doesn't mean your that race because I like Mexican Rap and Mexican Music I also like countrty and some rock, etc. I hope you arent offended and this isn't taken wrong.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
yess ive been asked. Last week actually :lol: my friend thats been eating lunch with us since the beginning of school asked me what was i :perplexed itold her Spanish Black and Native American and she said oh she can tell becuz ididnt look/act full black 0_o:ohwell:

that was the same day ihad first put some stuff in my hair to make my bun curly:drunk:

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
lol iusually revive old threads >=) even as old as 2yrs 0_o

the next generation of LHCF mofos like myself like to snooop :lol:

Qtee

People has always asked if I was mixed..when I was relaxed it had more to do with my features..Today its about my hair and features..either way I'm BLACK...all day everyday...

Triniwegian

I am mixed and I have NEVER been asked if i am mixed, based on my hair, the way I look, nada.
And no one has ever attempted to touch my hair either, never.
It might have something to do with my 6 feet stature and a my stank face.

Tiye

The crazy questions people ask. NO black person in the "new world" is mixed. We're all original issue Africans. Sheesh.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
With my big ole African features?!?? Naw, they know I came straight from the motherland....no pit stops....

lushcoils

For the first time ever, this guy asked me if I mixed when I was wearing my curly wig. I just thought to myself, so this is what it feels like to be mixed,.... then I gave him the side eye. I clearly look full West African...the hair on my head is clearly fake.

Freespirit02

I actually get that "where you from","what you mixed with" question. I usually tell them..I'm mixed with BLACK,BlaCKER and a dash of blackest! Then I mess up by telling them my daddy is Guyanese. I get the..oh so you are mixed response. Obviously they haven't seen my daddy. He's 80 percent blacker..and 20 percent blackest.

iri9109

i dont wear twistouts, but i've had ppl ask me that with my wash n go's. and then when i say "yeah black & african" or "black & nigerian" they look at me like thats not the answer they wanted :ohwell:

...i never thought any1 would ask me that though considering the fact that im dark skinned, with clearly african features, and a obviously igbo 1st and last name...even this 1 girl who knew i was nigerian-american insisted my mom had to be mixed because she could "tell by my hair"...even after me and my friend told her my mom wasnt, she was still insisting. smh.

i hate talking about hair with my friends though especially natural hair because they act like my hair doesnt count...they complain about having "n*gga naps" and i told them i dont like that term and they be like "shut up thats because you dont have normal black people hair you got that indian hair and it lays down"
1. IM NOT INDIAN! 2. WHAT IS NORMAL BLACK PPL HAIR?

i'm like the only one out of my group of friends with fully natural hair (one of my friends has natural hair, but no1 has ever seen it because she hides it under weaves and braids...she's had this current weave in since AUGUST...and hasnt washed it not one time:nono:) but now 2 of my friends are transitioning, and one's ghanian w/ 4b hair, and my one friend always be like "you know you not gon have that good indian ish like her (me) right?" SMH.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I actually get that "where you from","what you mixed with" question. I usually tell them..I'm mixed with BLACK,BlaCKER and a dash of blackest! Then I mess up by telling them my daddy is Guyanese. I get the..oh so you are mixed response. Obviously they haven't seen my daddy. He's 80 percent blacker..and 20 percent blackest.

thanks for this...im going to use this same response when i get asked that again :grin:.

i actually got that same question again today at the school!!!! this is weird..

cocosweet

My phenotype pretty much insures that I'm never being asked that question no matter how curlicious my twist outs are. :lol:

On the day that Hawaii freezes over and someone asks me that, I will state that I am mixed with Blackity Black and Blackest Black.