Natural ladies: do you go to a salon or are you completely self-styled?

do you go to the salon?

• Yes - regularly

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Yes - but only for special occasions

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • Nope - I am completely self-styled!

Votes: 125 71.8%
  • I did in the beginning, but now I'm completely self-styled!

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alishadawnelle

I used to go to the salon to get my hair straightened and loved it.
But after I did a no heat stretch for a few moths I realized how harsh it all was and not I am totally heat free and self styled. I would love to go to a natural salon if I there was one around me though!

LovelyZ

it is difficult for me to style myself. It's bra strap but super, super thick (my husband calls me Chaka). I prefer going to a salon and letting someone else deal with it.

Pharmgirl247

I style my own hair. I do struggle with style options but if I have a setback it will be my own fault and not cause I paid someone else to damage my hair

Letta

When I was transitioning I was wearing wigs and my mom would gradually cut off bits but I was self styling.

Now I go to Salon Revive in DC about once every 6 months or more just to do a length check. But I am going today because I'm traveling and I'd prefer straight hair for easier care.

Otherwise I do my own hair. I have to admit, the longer its gotten the lazier I've been. *Bad Letta*

snugglez41685

Haven't been to a salon since transitioning which was about the summer of 2008. I have been wigging it and self styling it ever since. Salons near me(NY), would tell me to relax or wouldn't know really what to do with my natural hair.

Sent from my Vortex

ebsalita

Haven't been to a stylist April - she's a fantastic stylist who actually encouraged me to go natural, she does an amazing blow dry, just look at my siggy... will go for a birthday blowout and maybe in Sep so I can see my growth fully stretched. :grin:

I love to go just for special occasions...