Natural, Organic Shampoos

Tenacious

I absolutely have realized that I MUST wash my hair daily, due to excessive sweat and product usage. However, though I haven't experienced any dry scalp issues from washing daily, I want to find a milder, more organic shampoo. I've used Burts Bees, but their shampoo doesn't last very long, isn't creamy and I don't wanna spend $10 on it again....

Any all natural, organic shampoos (that do not contain SLS) that do a good job? Fill me in ladies!

msa

Alba Botanica (www.albabotanica.com) makes a gentle shampoo that has no SLS, parabens, or cones and is 100% vegetarian. I bought it at a natural store and it was about 9 or 10 dollars (8.5 oz). It doesn't dry my hair out too much and though it's not super creamy it does get the job done. HTH.

tatiana

Aubreys organics or you can make your own poo out of castile Soap, aloe vera(lily oy the desert) water, and oil (olive or coconut)

HoneyDew

Abba Moisture Scentsations is good. I doubt it is actually organic, but it is SLS free and 100% vegan, but the ingredients are not certified organic.

It is now called Pure Moisture, but you can find bottles of the previous packaging called Moisture Scensations VERY cheap on Ebay.

Forever in Bloom

I exercise a lot too and the only product that has made my hair feel really clean that I can use every day is a shampoo I discovered at honeyfig.com called Max Green Alchemy Shampoo. You have to dilute it a little bit because it is extremely concentrated. It is organic, vegan, cruelty-free and has no SLS/SLES, parabens or petrochemicals. It is $14, but it is concentrated so you pretty much get 2 bottles in one. I only use a dime size and that is plenty because it gets my hair squeaky clean. You can find the list of ingredients here

asubeauty

I've been wanting to try AO for a long time.

I think I might want to try an organic shampoo because Tshow just posted a thread about a prob she was having with flaky scalp and it was suggested that it may be the SLS in the shampoos... I have probs with flaky scalp, too, so I think I may try eliminating SLS and artificial ingredients as well to see if that helps.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I've use this shampoo for a while http://www.sistasplace.biz/orgshampoo.htm It's very moisturizing and you don't need to use a lot to get a good lather going, especially since you wash daily. Another one that I used with good results was Druide Vitality shampoo....this one rinses clean and doesn't have as many oils like Organikah but it leaves your hair feeling soft & clean. The only problem is the place where I used to get it from doesn't sell it so I have to find another source. The Druide is certified organic and neither shampoo has parabens, sls or other crappy ingredients.

morehairplease

I exercise a lot too and the only product that has made my hair feel really clean that I can use every day is a shampoo I discovered at honeyfig.com called Max Green Alchemy Shampoo. You have to dilute it a little bit because it is extremely concentrated. It is organic, vegan, cruelty-free and has no SLS/SLES, parabens or petrochemicals. It is $14, but it is concentrated so you pretty much get 2 bottles in one. I only use a dime size and that is plenty because it gets my hair squeaky clean. You can find the list of ingredients here

hi there tootrendy,

I am so glad you posted about this one b/c I so want to try it after seeing it mentioned on nappturality. I have this along with the co on my to-buy/try list for sure now:yep::yawn:.

morehairplease

I've use this shampoo for a while http://www.sistasplace.biz/orgshampoo.htm It's very moisturizing and you don't need to use a lot to get a good lather going, especially since you wash daily. Another one that I used with good results was Druide Vitality shampoo....this one rinses clean and doesn't have as many oils like Organikah but it leaves your hair feeling soft & clean. The only problem is the place where I used to get it from doesn't sell it so I have to find another source. The Druide is certified organic and neither shampoo has parabens, sls or other crappy ingredients.

these are also on my to buy/try list, as of right now :yep::rolleyes::yawn:. the other products from both lines look promising :lick:.....thanks for sharing sweetie. btw, is the organikah poo creamy? I read an article recently that stated creamy shampoos are better for dry hair than oily one's :spinning::blush:.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Ty Nursen98 for the link. :)

I use Vatika Henna Cleansing Shampoo. It is really good, but I'm not sure if it's 100% natural. Also you try the Shikakai Hair Shampoo Bar. It doesn't strip the scalp or leave the hair dry at all. I use this bar every other day and my hair has really thrived from it.

HTH

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
these are also on my to buy/try list, as of right now :yep::rolleyes::yawn:. the other products from both lines look promising :lick:.....thanks for sharing sweetie. btw, is the organikah poo creamy? I read an article recently that stated creamy shampoos are better for dry hair than oily one's :spinning::blush:.
Yes, the organikah is creamy. The conditioners for druide (the nourishing and leave-in) are good too, not the most moisturizing but they really strengthened my hair when I used them.

Forever in Bloom

hi there tootrendy,

I am so glad you posted about this one b/c I so want to try it after seeing it mentioned on nappturality. I have this along with the co on my to-buy/try list for sure now:yep::yawn:.

It is a really great shampoo :drunk: Ahhhhh...and the conditioner, don't even get me started! I tell ya, my hair was shining all by itself, no additional product necessary. I bought the gel and pomade, but the gel doesn't seem to like my hair. You have to make sure you don't use too much; otherwise, it will flake on your hair and the pomade may remind you of Pine-Sol, but I still found that I really didn't need any styling products, so no loss there.

shtow

Whatever brand, diluting def helps it last longer! I dilute mines and I love how my hair feels afterwards. I dilute and apply with a nozzled bottle directly to the scalp and then use the excess on the strands.

Cloud06

Try Kemi-oyl NO-Soap shampoo. All natural! I just stopped using SLS's cuz they dry my hair. I used Burts but I made my hair dry. I found Kemi and fell in love with the slip! and vegetable and fruit preserves, and the seaweed complex. I get softness and strength. Love it!

vevster

I feel the same way about Gary Null's heavenly hair shampoo. It gets my hair so squeaky - even with diluting - that I use it as a clarifier. I love my natural poos.

morehairplease

Yes, the organikah is creamy. The conditioners for druide (the nourishing and leave-in) are good too, not the most moisturizing but they really strengthened my hair when I used them.

thanks nurse. I will order the organikah samples from sistasplace and look for a place online to purchase the druide at a good purchase. Do you know of any place that sells sample size of the druide, by chance?

ETA: have you tried the shea conditioner by organikah? if so, how is it?

tia,
tishee

Last edited:

morehairplease

It is a really great shampoo :drunk: Ahhhhh...and the conditioner, don't even get me started! I tell ya, my hair was shining all by itself, no additional product necessary. I bought the gel and pomade, but the gel doesn't seem to like my hair. You have to make sure you don't use too much; otherwise, it will flake on your hair and the pomade may remind you of Pine-Sol, but I still found that I really didn't need any styling products, so no loss there.

thanks tootrendy. I will purchase the sample sizes to try it out. I hope it works for us b/c we really need a good, all-natural shampoo/co in our house.