Natural Relaxer...?

graCeful_89

Have any of you ladies ever heard of this? My sisters want to try it but i think the salon is charging about $70-$80 and that is like, 3 months of light bills for me. Whats the point of getting it done with I won't be able to see it? :nono: I told them I would consider it, but I'd have to ask the LHCF ladies first cause ya'll know EVERYTHING!!

Anyways, have you ever heard of a "natural perm" before? I'm guessing its non-chemical or something or the sort. We're stopping by the salon at lunch, so I'll be back to edit this post. Feedback is needed! Thanks girls! :yep:

Last edited:

graCeful_89

Try coconut milk and lime - before you pay loads of money for other stuff.

Coconut milk & lime? As a relaxer? How exactly do you use it & how straight does your hair get? And for how long? Are there any cons like dry hair or sticky hair?? Sorry for all the questions but I've never of this before.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Coconut milk & lime? As a relaxer? How exactly do you use it & how straight does your hair get? And for how long? Are there any cons like dry hair or sticky hair?? Sorry for all the questions but I've never of this before.

just a disclaimer ive tried the coconut lime thing twice. my hair felt worse after both times and is still nappy like always. its a waste of time for me. but it might be different for your sisters.

graCeful_89

OKAY LADIES - I JUST TOOK YOUR ADVICE - I'm sitting with the coconut milk (goya) and lime (1) right now. I mixed only the cream with the lime, not the water. It wasn't as messy as some girls pointed out in the threads and I quite like the smell (no doubt it'll get worse as it sits on my head) I'm going to leave it on for about 45 minutes to an hr and then rinse, wash, condition and blowdry. I'll give you all the results!

By the way: My sister (4a) and one of her younger children (about 3a, MBL, huge poof of hair) are to try it and call me with the results!

Thanks so much!

harrison

just a disclaimer ive tried the coconut lime thing twice. my hair felt worse after both times and is still nappy like always. its a waste of time for me. but it might be different for your sisters.

I have been using the lime/coconut milk mix for about 6 months. But I mix it up in my magic bullet with honey and a deep conditioner so that its a thick consistency and apply just like regular conditioner. Over the long run it has done my hair much good.... :yep:

graCeful_89

I love it - I'll definately be able to stretch for longer than 9 weeks with this stuff. Its softer, its shinier, its manageable. I'm sold.