Natural Resources Salon in Houston (pics from their gallery)

Stella B.

This is so impressive, and exciting!! If we ever go back to Texas for a visit, I'll be sure to look them up! So sorry to hear she's totally booked for the next six months. I decided to order one of the Earth's nectar products, the monoi hair milk, it read so well in their product menu. I'll let you all know when it arrives. I hope my hair likes it!!!! Congratulations to the salon owners, I'm loving the concept, and hope the idea catches on nationwide...

Last edited:

txnatural409

I have a ex-coworker who gets her hair done by the owner. I called about an appointment and was placed on a waiting list for 6 months. Around the 5th month I called just to see where I was on the waiting list. The owner then said I could come in for a $25.00 consult. I got excited at first until she said that the consult does not guarantee me an appointment(WTF). I explained that I would be driving into Houston from a nearby town. She said after the consult I would then be on another list and would be called if one of her current customers canceled .
I've seen her work and it is nice but it not worth all the trouble they put you through to get an appointment.

I will just stick with the Root of You Salon , they no how to treat customers and there is no waiting list. When you go in for a consult , you get scheduled for an appointment.

I called another time about the natural hair classes they offer for one of my clients. The person I spoke to on the phone said they were not having any classes at this time (could not give me any type of projected date)and that they were in the process of moving. She also said there is still a waiting list but they had hired a new stylist so they may start excepting new clients. Well I'm not holding my breath for one ...

I know that's right! :yep: They're scheduling system is ridiculous. Where is the Root of You salon?

steffiejoe

"I know that's right! :yep: They're scheduling system is ridiculous. Where is the Root of You salon?"

The is the information for the Root of You. It's an upscale salon and spa. They also sale products . You are offered snacks and drinks, while you receive services. Everyone there is very professional and they cater to their clients.

I have had my hair pressed by Debra and La Ruth is very good with twists. Check out there website.

5190 Buffalo Speedway
Houston, TX 77005-4215
(832) 778-1225