Natural to Relaxed

PrincessScorpion

I have a friend that was natural for years and just went back to the relaxer. I asked her why she got so much of her hair cut off. Her hair was just at the 1 inch before bar strap. She told me that the stylist told her that alot of it came out when she rinsed out the relaxer that alot of people think that they are going to keep that length after the relaxer, but alot of the hair has to be cut off. I just said Oh OK! Her hair now is mid neck. This does not sound correct to me, but what do you all think?

sprungonhairboards

When I texturized my hair got LONGER not shorter. She probably didnt know what she was doing and overprocessed her hair or damaged it in some other way and had to cut it. Or maybe she was hating and chopped it off on purpose.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Wooa! that sounds like alot of hair to be cut off, but if she had been natural for a long time and didnt' keep up w/trims to rid of split ends and moisture it could have been damaged really bad.
Did she ever get press and curls or blow-outs to see her length/ends on a regular? because if she did and they were fine then it sounds to me like she had a scissor happy stylist in her hair.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
sprungonhairboards said:
When I texturized my hair got LONGER not shorter. She probably didnt know what she was doing and overprocessed her hair or damaged it in some other way and had to cut it. Or maybe she was hating and chopped it off on purpose.

ITA... I dunno how badly damaged here hair was, but to chop off that much, I would've had to kill her too.:lachen:

SparklingFlame

Yeah, that's too much hair to cut man. Damaged or not. She seems like she was hating to me. :mad: Yet ANOTHER reason why I will not go to the salon!

PrincessScorpion

This is what I thought too, but I just did not want to tell her because I know I would have made her mad. Because I know the way I would have said it " I hope you did not pay her for chopping all you her off because it was uncalled for.

beyondcute

Maybe she shoulda stayed natural... Maybe relaxers eat her hair up. I know someone like that. Relaxers burn her hair off like Nair. Even kiddie relaxers and texturizers... Maybe her stylist is a hater...