Regular Exercisers...natural or relaxed

Which is easier for regular exercised to manage relaxed or natural

• Natural

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • Relazed

Votes: 37 44.0%

• Total voters

SpiritJunkie

I know this thread is old but I so need to figure this out. I just started wearing my SL hair out to give it a break from weaves. I do workout at least 5 times a week so it's becoming a problem keeping my hair straight for obvious reasons.
After reading all of the posts i'm thinking I may need to wear a wig or a pony. something i was trying to avoid.

Any other suggestions? i wear my hair in a pony the last few days but today after working out it's a hot mess. Puff city.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I know this thread is old but I so need to figure this out. I just started wearing my SL hair out to give it a break from weaves. I do workout at least 5 times a week so it's becoming a problem keeping my hair straight for obvious reasons. After reading all of the posts i'm thinking I may need to wear a wig or a pony. something i was trying to avoid. Any other suggestions? i wear my hair in a pony the last few days but today after working out it's a hot mess. Puff city.

No solution. The sweat will kill the hair. Period.

I workout daily. Relaxed and Natural. I wore a ponytail. Daily.

I co wash and pony it up. Take breaks for style on weekends sometimes and once a month or so I will take a few days off from the workout and enjoy my hair.

I could never have short hair that needs to be styled because my health comes first.

Last edited:

omnipadme

With natural hair, I do a twist out and it lasts all week long-workouts and all. I've even been bad and not slept with my silk bonnet...

sgold04

I work out regularly in a braid out/twist out and my hair still looks good, but I don't mind puffy roots (gives my hair more volume). I put my hair in a very high pony, exactly like when I pineapple, loosely gather the hanging hair in a bun, and put on a moisture-wicking head band. I'm slightly longer than BSL stretched though, so that makes it easier, the sweat doesn't get to the majority of my hair (and I sweat a lot from my head).

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I know this thread is old but I so need to figure this out. I just started wearing my SL hair out to give it a break from weaves. I do workout at least 5 times a week so it's becoming a problem keeping my hair straight for obvious reasons. After reading all of the posts i'm thinking I may need to wear a wig or a pony. something i was trying to avoid. Any other suggestions? i wear my hair in a pony the last few days but today after working out it's a hot mess. Puff city.
I exercise everyday and I'm a heavy sweater. I have been natural a little over a week and I been able to just cowash my hair after my workout. This has worked out great for me so far. I really don't plan to wear my hair straight very often now anyway. During my year transition I mostly wore my hair in cornrowed/twisted updos. Since I'm a heavy sweater sometimes my hair would become too frizzy and I would just take braids down cowash and pull it into a bun. When I was fully relaxed I would wrap it with a satin scarf and pray it would be dry by morning. Before wrapping I would load it with oil(mostly hot six) most of time it would be dry in morning but somewhat puffy depending on how far away from my touch up I was. Even though I've only been natural a little over a week natural seems to be the best option especially if you don't mind at least rinsing out after heavy sweating and restyling.

caliscurls

Sweetg I'm natural and wear my hair in mostly straight styles. Since I do intense workouts 5-6 days a week I'll usually wear one of the following styles during the workout-
- bun (high or low, doesn't matter)
- French braids
- Crown braids

When I get home I'll put a scarf on for about 15/20 minutes to get rid of any poofing that may have occurred.

Hope you find something that works for you.

SpiritJunkie

Hi Ladies.

Thank you all so much for the feedback. I wore my hair in two braids for the remainder of the week. I will try what you all suggested. In addition to that I bought a fake pony and a curly wig today for variety. As havilland mentioned I want to enjoy my hair so I will take time for that as well.

Blessings!!!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Hi Ladies.

Thank you all so much for the feedback. I wore my hair in two braids for the remainder of the week. I will try what you all suggested. In addition to that I bought a fake pony and a curly wig today for variety. As havilland mentioned I want to enjoy my hair so I will take time for that as well.

Blessings!!!

that's coolness:yep: thanks for coming back and updating us