Natural UPDATE (pics)

FAMUDva

Here's my puff from this weekend :) It's thick despite the recent trim. I'm happy most of the heat damaged ends are gone.

Looks like I'm on my way to a huge puff.

For those who don't know my story I'll try to summerize... My last relaxer was Dec. 12, 2007. I transitioned using flat-ironing and twistouts. Never did a BC, but had 2 mini chops at 14 months post and 16 months post. I've been completely natural since the last mini chop in April. Suffered heat damage Oct. 2008 and using trims to recover from the damage.

Whew... here are the pics :) Please excuse my lack of make up and crazy looks.

My hair is currently collar bone length in the back and cheek length in the front.

FAMUDva

Hair was pulled back using coconut oil and a water spritzer bottle. I usually use my denman to clump the curls but today wanted a more picked out look.

ETA: I'm excited that my DH LOVES my puff :)

blackbarbie

Hair was pulled back using coconut oil and a water spritzer bottle. I usually use my denman to clump the curls but today wanted a more picked out look.

ETA: I'm excited that my DH LOVES my puff :)

I'm not your DH, but I love your puff too!!

BB

FAMUDva

Your hair looks fabulous. What moisturizer do you use?

I always use coconut oil to seal (lots of coconut oil) my wet or damp hair. I also used either Cantu leave in (I don't love it), Giovanni leave in, or Hello Hydration (LOVE IT).

Not much else. I'm pretty basic and simple with my products. When I wear it straight I've been using Jane Carter's solutions Nourish and shine, but I've run out of it.

ETA: I'm still learning what works for my hair without buying up every product on the market. I'm finding that what worked while transitioning doesn't work now and vice versa.

Nova

Your hair is so beautiful and shiny. Do you attribute this (the sheen) to the coconut oil spritz? Thanks for sharing!

FAMUDva

Your hair is so beautiful and shiny. Do you attribute this (the sheen) to the coconut oil spritz? Thanks for sharing!

I glob the coconut oil on the wet/damp hair. Yes, I think it shines because of that. It's always shining, but I've been doing a great job with keeping it moisturized.

Thanks ladies for the nice comments.

FAMUDva

you and your hair look beautiful. Your skin looks amazing. What do you use? :lol:

Thanks! I recently went back to using Dove beauty bar; works great for me :) But before that I was using Purity by Philosophy. But the difference in price makes Dove a winner for me :) And I moisturize with cetaphil face moisturizer or oil of olay.

Aggie

I was thinking the same the same thing Nonie said about you being so adorable and purrrty....so not having on make-up is working for you FAM. Anyhoo, your puff is simply elegant and healthy-looking just like you are, nuff said:grin:.