NATURALAXER BAD EXPERIENCE

shoodrat

Hello Everyone,

I used the NATURALAXER. I ordered this product on Thursday 12/12/02, for one kit of NATURALAXER it’s $29.99. I paid for rush delivery, which was an additional $13.99 for a total of $43.98. This product is of a company called African Wonders Now for people who don’t know about this product is supposed to soften natural hair; tame tangles; loosen curls; smoothes frizz; texturizes; make your hair straight. It also states any nationality can use this NATURALAXER. I received my order on Saturday 12/21/2002. Now I paid 13.99 for rush delivery, I called the company, on Wednesday 12/18/2002 to find out where the Hell is my product, the representative from the company told me that rush delivery guarantees one week. I mean 14.00 for a week delivery is crazy. The fastest delivery that they have is 3 business days and it’s costs 30.00 which are crazy. So my product came on Saturday, on my package the fee for shipping indicated $6.25, I’m like I paid 13.99 for shipping so, what did they do pocket the rest. Now it stated on the website “kit in the jar” and that’s exactly what I got. The crème relaxer was in a zip lock bag; also the shampoo, conditioner, and blow dry liquid came inside the 20-ounce container, which I thought would be 20 ounce of relaxer crème. Also, which I thought was crazy, the shampoo container was average size you would find in a regular relaxer kit. So that whole thing with the relaxer crème in a zip lock bag, a small zip lock bag, for $30.00 is a rip-off to me personally. I was like let me just try this product; maybe I’m being too picky. I used the NATURALAXER it did nothing for my hair, it made my hair very dry, it did nothing for my hair, but made the condition of my hair worse. Now for people who used the NATURALAXER and got good results thumbs up to you. But, for me, it was a waste of time, money, and the damage it has done to my hair was not worth this experience.

daviine

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. If I were you , I would seriously consder writing a letter of complaint to the company and let them know that you will share their "unprofessionalism" with others.

BTW, I don't think I've ever seen your screenname--so welcome if you're new!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
'Kit in a Jar', huh? That was a dirty trick... What are the ingredients of the Naturalxer?

You should contact your bank/credit card co. about the shipping cost difference.

pebbles

Shoodrat,

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience with NATURALAXER. You should write a formal complaint to the company. For all the aggravation you went through just to get the product in a timely manner, it should have gone better than that! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
It sounds like you need a hot oil treatment and a good moisturizing conditioner. Mizani Moisturfuse is my current favorite. Elucence and Nature's Gate Original herbal Conditioner are very moisturizing also.

lshevonne

I bought that trash as well about 2 years ago. It does not work and you are right about the damage. I'm still trying to get my hair back in order. Since I've joined here my hair has been much better.
Welcome /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pebbles

Hi Shoodrat,

Try using a reconstructor, Aphogee treatment for damaged hair or Nexxus Keraphix to stop any breakage. And don't forget to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Mizani Moisturfuse or Nexxus Humectress are some good ones for moisture. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Welcome to the board Shroodrat.

I used the Bodiphier and I got it in a ziplock bag also. It dried my hair out over time too. Yes moisturize a lot and try and get your hair back on track.

Good Luck.

G

Thanks for sharing!

And to think, I almost tried that stuff too! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

nita4

Welcome to the board. I thought about trying this product too this past summer. FYI: Next time, please ask the ladies on the board whether they have tried a product before purchasing and/or do a search on the product to see if there is any information on it. Sorry to hear about your experience, I was curious about that kit too. Thanks for sharing. Now we all know.

LondonDiva

The best way i could describe this product is like a no lye relaxer, just without the caustic smell and burning. It's very drying on the hair. What pisses me off about these products and the Bodiphier was the fact that they don't list the ingredients for the product.

I e-mailed bodiphier about this once and was told for fear of the bodiphier being copied they couldn't release that information.

Are they really allowed to do this ? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

free2bme

I used the bodipher about a year ago. My hair was was in a weave so I only used it onthe hairline. Needless to say, I was forced to get bangs b/c it dried my hair out. Thankfully I didn't use it on my entire head.

What you need to do is drench your hair in moisture. That should counteract the dryness.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I e-mailed bodiphier about this once and was told for fear of the bodiphier being copied they couldn't release that information. Are they really allowed to do this ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered the same thing about Kemi products (The owners seem so nice!) and Dorothy Low. This is what Tracy said:

If they can establish (and get through the attendant red tape and volumes of paperwork) that their product's ingredients constitute a "trade secrets" then they can keep ingredients (or processses, or recipes for food products - you get the picture) from the public legally. THey do this to make it possible to maintain the company's "edge" in the marketplace - supposedly in the interest of rewarding inventiveness and finding unique ways to meet consumer demand.

It doesn't seem fair, though. What if I'm trying to avoid certain ingredients because of allergies or something? I usually leave 'secret recipe' products on the shelf. But the Kemi Pomade is the bomb! I saw the same article on Monicurl's site a while ago. I practically ran out to buy some! The smell is a bit much, but I like the way it makes my hair look.

Mahalialee4

I had asked about this product all over the boards. I am glad to hear more stories coming out to the boards of people who have used this with Negative Results. It prevents some of us (Me included) from making a disastrous choice based on misleading advertising. I had thought if I I tried the one from Penn Herbs it might be okay. I know that Henna can be very drying (for example) if you do not add oil to it. Did you add oil to this product, just out of curiosity, and was it the one from Baka Products, and just Pure 100% Daphne Gnidium herb (or so advertised.??) /images/graemlins/confused.gif

shoodrat

This product did not list the ingredients, and the instructions did not list to oil the hair before applying, but, I did not oil my hair before applying the relaxer creme. I mean [censored] for the price they are charging, you shouldn't have to take a extra step of oiling your hair. It came in a 20 ounce jar, the shampoo, conditioner or blow dry, listed any ingredients it just had the lable shampoo, conditioner and blow dry. And they advertised "no harsh chemicals". I took alot of the advice off the board about moisturizing my hair with the diffrent products. My question to anyone, since this product did not straighten my hair, and I have alot of new growth. I kinda scared to perm my hair, afraid it might fall out. What can anyone recommended if I do perm my hair, how long I should wait and what is a good perm. In the past I used Fabulaxer, that was the last perm for about 5 months, I had my own hair braided in cornrow and wore a weave ponytail, so my hair was pretty thick. My scalp has became very sensitive over the years.

Valerie

Shoodrat
Welcome to the board. I am so sorry about your Naturalaxer experience and I am glad you told us. I have tried texturising my hair in the past and I found it too broke my hair. Many of these so non chemical relaxers are extremely drying. You made need a lot of hot oil treatments, also spraying your hair with a mixture of glycerine and water, mixed with Infusium 23, will help keep your hair soft and manageable.