Naturals and Permenant Color Blonde in Particular

DDHair

I just got a big trim, highlights, and my hair straightened (although I said I would wait on straightening) this past weekend. I got blonde highlights, but I still want this brown/blonde swirl look. When I was relaxed I got L'oreal Chunking I experienced severe breakage, but when you read the box, It tells you that you cannot have chemically treated hair (I did not read that part, until 1 year later when a member of LHCF pointed out one day @ Wal-Mart. Anyway, I am hoping to not experience any breakage this time and will do my best with moisturizing, but in the meantime, have any naturals experienced breakage with blonde highlights? And do you all have any suggestions on how I can get the swirly brown/blonde I am looking for, hint Beyonce had it before Destiny's Child really blew up, actually some Houston folks might be able to help me with this, because lots of girls in Houston had this color.

DDHair

I guess all of the naturals don't have color?

AFashionSlave

I have been blonde before, but it was a dirty blonde. When I was a blonde, my hair was very, very dry but I did not experience breakage. I don't recommend going blonde at home. I think a professional should do it for you. There is a member here who has gone blonde her name is Ebony. She has a website I think it's ebonyforever.com.

Before you color you should check out the information that I posted here on this thread.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat/0/Number/502270/page//view//sb/5/o/all/vc/1

If you want some ideas on how to do the swil look go to www.lorealparis.com - Go USA - go to hair color - then go to color rays - then click on the "work it" tab

under "work it" there is a downloadable instruction manual on how to color with chunky highlight kits.

Good luck!

DDHair

Well I've got the highlights now, really I just wanted them to cover my gray and to look a tad bit older. I am just hoping they don't cause my hair to break and I really like your advice, because I remember reading that you had grown off some color. I will look at all that you have provided for me thanks! By the way a beautician did it for me, that's one reason it took me so long, but now I think that if I wear my fro I will look like BOZO! lol

mahoganee

There are vegetable dyes that you can use on natural hair. The dye I have on my hair right now is by Naturtint and it's a blonde color. I don't remember right now which one but they have a variety of colors. I haven't had any problems with my hair breaking or being dry. I can't use chemical dyes on my hair at all because of breakage. You can order it online or find it at health food stores. Hope this helps. Oh and it's a permanent dye.