Naturals and transitioners, moisture products?

trynagrow

I knew how to take good care of my relaxed hair and being 8 months post, I find my newgrowith is waaaay easier to manage than the previous months.

The products I used before for moisture just don't seem to be as moisturizing as they used to be (atleast not to the natural hair). I love to come on this site and read the different threads but I'm such a busy momma, I don't have time to read nearly enough. I feel like I need a a guide. So, naturals, what products do you find work best for you that I could begin trying for MOISTURE? And what styling products would you recommend?

Also, if you could post any threads that have somewhat of a roundup of product recommendations for naturals or transitioners, I'd love that. To kind of see what products are most popular that I could I start trying to find out what works.

beautyaddict1913

Good luck with your transition, Im transitioning too...here is what is working for me as far as moisture is concerned:

Regimen
First of all, I avoid sulfates, mineral oils/petrolatum, and cones like the plague!
Wash, Oil Rinse, Deep Condition every Thursday
Deep Condition on dry hair OR co-wash every Monday
I moisturize with water/glycerine and seal with a mixture of coconut oil, shea butter, jojoba oil and avocado oil. (focus on your roots since youre transitioning, this may be too much moisture for your relaxed ends) Dont use too much of these products at once, your hair may not like em. I like SheScentIt Seyani Hair butter for my relaxed ends since the product contains light protein its just what I need.

Products
Wash with Chagrin Valley honey butter poo bar
Oil Rinse with Olive Oil or Rice Brand Oil
Detangle with SheScentIt Honey Rinse
Hairveda Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner

Hope this helps

KBA

I am 8 months post in my transition and I wash my hair at least once a week using WEN (Fig or Lavender). I don't use regular shampoo much anymore, it was too drying. I also deep condition once a week. I use the 2 min Aphogee reconstructor every other wash.

Other moisture "styling" products I use include some of the following: I use my own mix of (S Curl type product, coconut oil and a few drops of lavender) 2) whip my own Shea Butter (Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Lavender, and Castor Oil) 3) Qhemet Heavy Cream 4) Hairveda Oils to seal.

Hang in there with your transition, and hope this helps!

nestlequik

A lot of stretchers like Care Free Curl activator to moisturize their NG.

When I was transitioning, Pantene R&N conditioner was very helpful in detangling and moisturizing my hair.

Platinum

Creme of Nature Ultra-Moisturizing Shampoo-Old formula (white bottle w/green writing):love:
Suave Humectant Conditioner:love:
Worlds of Curls activator:yep:
Ecostyler Olive Oil gel:love:

I'm still looking for a good DC. ORS Replenishing Condish was good when I was relaxed and transitioning but I'm on the fence about it now since I'm 100% natural now.