Naturals: Help!!!Puffy roots after Twisting..(sigh)

kinkycotton

How do I avoid puffy roots when doing 2 strand twist on 4b/c hair type? I used qhemet biologics ahoc and ohhb together on both dry and damped hair and still getting a mess at the roots. :wallbash: Everyone else is getting great results on using only these 2 staples without gel or other products

Any advice would be great.

half.cadence

How big are you makin your boxes?

I searched & bumped this thread for ya. Theres some ideas in there..I use the same technique as the third post when I do my sisters hair..and it does seem to lessen the puffiness a little bit..

Evolving78

i twist my hair on damp hair, and i use Jamaican Mango and Lime locking gel. i make small sections, twisting and grabbing. my roots get puffy after a couple of days. if i do it on dry hair, my twists are puffy from jump.

sheba1

My roots used to get puffy until I added more protein to my regimen. I used to also have a problem with my twists getting fuzzy way too soon and sometimes unraveling.

I now give my hair a weekly or bi-weekly shot of protein (depending on how often I shampoo) and I do not have any of those problems described any longer.

If protein is not an issue for you, you could try braiding at the base and then twisting from there. I've never done this, but I've seen some naturals with great, long lasting result on fotki.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am in the same boat as you. I did get less puffy twists by using ecostyler gel and shea butter. I still have trouble with keeping my twists looking good and not fuzzy.:ohwell:

NikStarrr

I know that a lot of naturals start off with a braid maybe about a centimeter and then switch to twisting. Voila! No more puffiness.

Lucky's Mom

I do a couple of things.

Sometimes - I braid at the top then twist....
And other times....the Big NO NO - I use Rubber Bands. They pop of with all the oil anyways :)

Attachments

• braids fat ones end of April 08 009.jpg
    braids fat ones end of April 08 009.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 16

Cheleigh

I braid for a full turns and then twist. Also, when I use a lightweight gel, prior to twisting my twists last longer.