Naturals: I had THE nightmare

UrbainChic

This weekend I had that nightmare so many of you have had: I dreamed that I went to a salon get my hair blown out and somehow the woman ended up putting a relaxer in my hair. The worst part is, that in this dream when I was like "what is that?" and the woman said " a relaxer" I told her I needed her tor neutralize it immediately and wash it out, and she looked at me and said. " I dont have any neutralizer in this salon" So I started freaking out how could they have no neutralizer in the salon. I spent the rest of the dream wandering Earth looking for neutralizer and afraid my hair would be melted off my head. Right before I woke up, I dreamed that some of my hair was falling out in huge clumps in the back thanks to the relaxer.

:nono:

I had never had the relaxer dream before this time. I spent most of my life natural and only relaxed for a brief period of time in jr high and highschool with a few short revisits during college ( though mostly natural in college). Its been about 3 and a half years since I decided to drop relaxers for ever.

What's your version of the nightmare? Any lifelong naturals have this dream as well? Anyone who hasnt had it yet?

BostonMaria

LMFAO!!! :lachen:
Haven't had the relaxer hair dream in a while! I can certainly relate though. I would wake up crying ahahahaha how dramatic

melissa-bee

LMAO.

I had a dream I tried to texlax my hair after about 6 months of being natural but it turned out so wrong. I can't even remember if it was puffy roots and straight ends or vice versa but it looked messed up. I remember looking in the mirror at my hair feeling really disappointed with myself.

*CherryPie*

In my dream, my sister relaxed my hair. I think she was supposed to be conditioning it, but relaxed it instead. I remember trying to console myself, saying "It'll be alright. I can do something with it. I liked it before, I can like it again". :look: I can't remember it well anymore. I remember waking up frantic, panicky, and depressed though.:lol:

Giselle685

In my dream, my sister relaxed my hair. I think she was supposed to be conditioning it, but relaxed it instead. I remember trying to console myself, saying "It'll be alright. I can do something with it. I liked it before, I can like it again". :look: I can't remember it well anymore. I remember waking up frantic, panicky, and depressed though.:lol:

I had a conditioner relaxer switch dream. smh. I was troubled for days.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
OMG, I had a dream that I was natural all over again, I couldnt comb my hair for Nuthin! There were single strand knots everywhere all over my head!! I woke up, i was relaxed!! Jumped out of bed and shook out my rollerseted hair like a Suave hair commercial. :grin: J/k.

greenandchic

I had the nightmare that I've been relaxed a few times. The funny thing is, I've never been relaxed in real life. :lol: I have an idea what it entails from the years I spend getting my hair ironed at the salons and watching other people getting it done.

The dream usually starts with me having the white relaxer smooched on my hair, then my hair is bone straight, then its falling out.

mg1979

Oh Lord! I thought I was the only one that had a relaxer dream! About once every 6 months. And I wake up thinking I really got a relaxer upset that I spent so long transitioning only to go relax again!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

UrbainChic

OMG, I had a dream that I was natural all over again, I couldnt comb my hair for Nuthin! There were single strand knots everywhere all over my head!! I woke up, i was relaxed!! Jumped out of bed and shook out my rollerseted hair like a Suave hair commercial. :grin: J/k.

LOL

Do relaxed women have a natural dream? I never had one as relaxed but that was only a few years.

ETA I am still wondering if any lifelong naturals have had the dream. I know that for me a relaxer signifies having to start all over again after growing all my hair out. I happen to be going through some life changes now, wondering if its just my brains metaphor for anxiety about starting over.

Last edited:

French Rouge

This funny! I am on the tail end of my transition. I had a dream a couple of months ago that I relaxed my hair and had immediate regrets.

UrbainChic

I had the nightmare that I've been relaxed a few times. The funny thing is, I've never been relaxed in real life. :lol: I have an idea what it entails from the years I spend getting my hair ironed at the salons and watching other people getting it done.

The dream usually starts with me having the white relaxer smooched on my hair, then my hair is bone straight, then its falling out.

Nightmare!

curlyninjagirl

I had the relaxer dream six months ago. In the dream I was putting the relaxer in my hair all the while thinking "What am I doing???" It felt like I couldn't even control my body. Then I went to the shower to rinse it out and was admiring my hangtime--my hair was down to my hips!--when chunks of it started falling out......

That's when I woke up horrified! It had felt so real. **Shudder** (I went natural 8 years ago, btw.)

sunnieb

AdoraAdora24 - you so crazy! Thanks for the laugh! :p

LOL

Do relaxed women have a natural dream? I never had one as relaxed but that was only a few years.

I did when I was seriously thinking about transitioning early last year. I went to sleep and woke up with a BAA. I was like....kewl :cool2:

I moisturized, picked it out, put on a head band and went to work.

Sanity

Cosmetologist
@AdoraAdora24 - you so crazy! Thanks for the laugh! :p

I did when I was seriously thinking about transitioning early last year. I went to sleep and woke up with a BAA. I was like....kewl :cool2:

I moisturized, picked it out, put on a head band and went to work.

I have had the natural dream a few times recently. I went to the salon and told them to chop it off. Next thing I knew I had a fro about 3" long.. I conditioned washed and went about my way!:lachen:... (I am a long thinking transitioner) if that makes sense..:lol:

prettybyrd

I've had this dream a few times.

I dreamed that I relaxed my hair in the bathroom and couldn't fit my head in the sink to rinse it and began to panic. I woke up and ran to the bathroom where I saw my hair and went back to bed.

Another time I dreamed that I took off my night scarf and my hair was relaxed. I could smell that fresh relaxer smell and began to cry. When I woke up, for a few seconds, I could still smell that smell. Eerie.

I've also had a version of this dream where I dream that my hair has been cut. Sometimes that is a pleasant dream. :)

MsLi@512

you made me spit water! :blush::lachen::eek2:

Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

I'm 2 1/2 years into my transition and about a month ago I had a relaxer dream. In the dream I decided to treat myself to a salon visit. I told the stylist I wanted a shampoo and blowdry, but she relaxed me! As soon as I saw my hair in the salon mirror, I awoke from the dream with my heart nearly beating out of my chest.