Naturals I need help with blowing out a fro!

Chameleonchick

I decided I miss my hair waaaaay too much so I am taking my twists down after christmas. I want to wear a blown out fro for NYE. How do I do it. Please list details.

jetbeauty09

BUMP BUMP b/c I want to know this too. I've been toying w/the idea of blowing my hair out for the first time in 18 months!

MummysGirl

Hmmm... I'm not natural yet but I think stretching out your hair with cornrows (AS few as possible to avoid a braidout look). I say this because during my final year at Uni, I always rocked an afro puff and I did a maxium of 5 cornrows every night.

berryblack

About a month ago, I made a nice blowout after watching a video on youtube. Just wash your hair and airdry it in twists. (I used my shea/coco mix for moisture).

I think I made 4 big sections in my head and made 4 twists in each section--16 twists in total. Make sure they are completely dry before you untwist.

Then comb out each twist with a big comb very gently.

You will get a nice, fluffy fro with no heat!
Also, if you don't fully comb out some of the twists you get some nice waves along with the fro which looked too cute!:grin:

I took pics but my 'puter crashed and I lost all of my pics I have ever taken!:wallbash:

This is the video that helped me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfz2Ows67M

Good luck!