The Best Blow Dryer?

secretdiamond

I know a lot of you girls have given up on blow drying and stick to other methods like air drying and roller setting, but I prefer blow drying.

Anyway, whenever I do blow dry it, it comes out frizzy and poofy, but at the hair salon, when they dry my hair, even without a round brush, my hair comes out so much more bouncy and shiny.

I know it must be because it's salon quality-- like the difference btwn drugstore flat irons and the CHI----so what is (in your opinion) the best blow dryer out there?

Please help me ladies, because I hate having to depend on the salon all the time for my hair to look good.

KinksnCurlz

It's all about the technique. Mind you, i can't blow my hair out for nothing!!! absolutely NOTHING!!! but when i blow out my friend's hair it comes out salon quality nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll try and bump that thread about blow drying hair ... Hold on a sec.
Oh and i should mention that maybe you should be using some type of serum to tame the frizzies (like frizz ease, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Serum, etc.)

Oh and lastly, what's the wattage on ur blow dryer? Mine is 1825 and it's ionic.

secretdiamond

i currently have the Vidal Sassoon VS540 Salon 1875Watt Styler Dryer. I bought it for loke $20. It's not ionic.

KinksnCurlz

It doesn't have to be ionic (the salons don't use ionic). I bumped a thread for you:

Can Dominican Blowouts Be Done At Home.

webby

Think Slim
For me, the blow dryer itself made a huge difference. When I first started doing my own roller sets, I tried blowing out my roots with a blow dryer that I bought at sally's...it did NOT work. I tried every, single blower that they had and had no better results. I also made a minor adjustment to mine to give the dryer more force, so now I need to use the dryer for mere miliseconds, preventing the possibility of damage.

http://www.salonequipmentintl.com/produc...-blow-dryer.htm

I finally bought a Turbo 1500, which comes with the concentration nozzle and I get nice, straight hair.

secretdiamond

Webby, that was exactly what I was thinking because the ones at the salon are so hot. And the one that you posted looks just like the ones the Dominicans use. That's exactly what I need.

jellynote

I have the Andis Professional 1875 its a ionic and cermaics blow dryer and to me it works better than my old regular one. I got it from www.metrobeauty.com. Also don't forget to look on www.folica.com they also have good hair appliances. I didn't find out about that site until after I'd purchased my blow dryer.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
the reason why your hair turns out frizzy is because its not all the way dry and straight. When I used to blowdry, my ends would still look fuzzy but when my mom blowdries my hair, she can get my ends straight and looking brand new. Like CaramelHonee said, it is all about technique. I have gotten my hair straight before by blowdrying in sections until that section is all the way dry. Also, putting some grease, oil, serum, or glossing polish in your hair helps get rid of frizziness too!

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
[ QUOTE ]
For me, the blow dryer itself made a huge difference. When I first started doing my own roller sets, I tried blowing out my roots with a blow dryer that I bought at sally's...it did NOT work. I tried every, single blower that they had and had no better results. I also made a minor adjustment to mine to give the dryer more force, so now I need to use the dryer for mere miliseconds, preventing the possibility of damage.

http://www.salonequipmentintl.com/produc...-blow-dryer.htm

I finally bought a Turbo 1500, which comes with the concentration nozzle and I get nice, straight hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Webby..do you think.. or does anyone know..if this dryer..at that salonequipment place..is as good as or better than a Solano?