NATURALS: post PICS of your SHRINKAGE!

Amateurs! :lachen: Naw, y'all have beautiful shrinky hair.

Twisting pic:

shrinkage-vi.jpg

Compare this wash and go:

With this stretched length shot:

Just wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I love my shrinkage & have since I understood how it makes my styling possibilities ENDLESS! This thread has reminded me of why I our hair in it's many textures is simply amazing.

Mwedzi...u right...we bow to queen of shrinkage (so far):grin:

DSC04606-1.jpg

Wet hair

DSC04610.jpg

I also have different rates if shrinkage at different times during my journey. Right now the right half of my head shrinks way faster than the left...i could never ever rock a wash n go...

2009_03070014-2.jpg

Roller set/Saran Wrapped

2009_03070009-1.jpg

My shrinkage allows my hair to shrink into an even (enough for me) bob

DSC04618-1.jpg

Recent flat iron.

DSC04595-1.jpg

Recent twist out

Shrinkage ROCKS!!:yep:

Last edited:
Super shrinkers, do you let your hair shrink up and wear it like that on a regular basis?
If so, do you experience a lot of single strand knots when you do?

Never. I haven't let me hair shrink fully since I had 2" of hair. I do however get a small amount of single strand knots if I wear twists for more than 5 days or wear my hair out for more than 2 or so days.

Moisturizing with shea butter helps to provide slip so that my hair doesn't catch on it's self. Of course other things I do help but I believe that single stranded knots are just part of the territory of being a natural especial at the shorter lengths like mine.

omg beautiful heads of healthy hair! i love it!!! and will no longer complain of my shrinkage becuz it doesnt compare to the queen mwedzi

Super shrinkers, do you let your hair shrink up and wear it like that on a regular basis?

noooooooooooooo never again! nu uh! girl, i have detangling h - e - double hockey sticks when my hair shrinks up a lot. it's funny though, my hair is starting to not shrink up so much anymore. i washed my hair last night sans twists and i was a amazed at how much it did not shrink like it used to. i was hoping to take new pics for this post but my hair does not shrink like that anymore.

i don't know what happened yall! those pics are from last year, but when i really looked at my pics and looked at my hair last night, there is a shrinkage difference. i would have never thought there was, and as my op states - "my hair shrinks up the same" - well, i think it's like the growth thing, you don't know how much you have grown until you really take the time to compare pics. i did that last night, and i'd say my hair hangs about 1-2 inches longer than before. my hair actually hangs down now and not out like it used to.

i think the moisture balance in my hair is different so i have less shrinkage? :drunk: who knows!

Last edited:
My hair is not fully shrunken in my "shrunken" shot. I never let mine shrink all the way up. That would create detangling problems.

My shrinkage is small potatoes compared to some you hair goddesses. These pics are from January 2009. Pinkskates....I am so inspired by your pics. You grow girl!

I can count on both hands the number of times I will do that now. It is few and far between.

Can you imagine trying to comb this on a regular with knots and kinks?:blush:

AfroPuffShots006-1.jpg

HAVE MERCY!!!!!

I think I would have texturized a few years back if I did this on a regular.

I will just say that I am not that brave enough to do this regularly! :look:

betcha can't do it like me! betcha can't shrink like me!
*does the two step*

bam!!

7_3_08-vi.jpg

IMG_1655-vi.jpg

these pics are from last summer so my hair is much longer pressed out but still almost shrinks the same. :yep:

whatcha got ladies??!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

wow!!!!! shrinkage is no joke!! I envy you naturals...you have the versatility to wear your hair short or long!

I don't have any new pics, but the this pic shows shrinkage from a few years ago. If I let my hair shrink up now, it'd still look almost the same.

hair2-vi.jpg

This pic is my hair stretched in July 2008.
Anniversary2008199.jpg

This is a wonderful thread!!!! This (shrinkage, hair textures) is a unique charactersitic that sets us apart from any other ethnicity- our hair in its natural state. Our hair is beautiful! And this thread is a show case of this beauty!!! Props to the OP...this is truly an inspirational thread!

I am 7 months post and the road is hard...but I am encouraged, because there is a BIG payoff down the road.

IMG_0013-vi.jpg

after a wash.

IMG_00115.jpg

length in the back straightened.

IMG_0060.jpg

the front

IMG_0068.jpg

the side.

[

SORRY IF THE PICS ARE BIG

Last edited:
I was gonna do a multi-quote because this shrinkage thing has given me hope. It seems like my 'new' hair isn't growing right but now I see that it's just shrunk up.

I'll straighten toward the end of bootcamp and see what I got going on.:ohwell:

Originally posted by Essensual
My shrinkage is small potatoes compared to some you hair goddesses. These pics are from January 2009. Pinkskates....I am so inspired by your pics. You grow girl!
Thank you chica! Your hair is on its way...just stay committed to your natural hair goals.

Harrison you can upload your pics to photobucket.com then paste in the img code.

Bump! This thread is great! I love all the beautiful hair (shrinkage and stretched).

Shrinkage from the back:
Shrinkage_Back.jpg

And shrinkage in the front:
Shrinkage_Front.jpg
Shrinkage_FrontStretched.jpg

The first picture shows a section about a day after washing and air-drying with gel. The second is that same section after I wet it and stretched it, APL to hip length. I actually measured it - 10 inches of shrinkage.

i love your length!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh shrinkage :ohwell::lachen:

These are on non-conditioned nekkid hair.

27zktuc.jpg

^^ Yall can see why I don't let my stuff dry like this anymore, right?

2h3arrl.jpg

2m3n5z6.jpg

2afadfa.jpg

I think I've got some pretty good shrinkage going on if I don't say so myself :lachen:

Love the shrink pics ladies!! You all have some beautiful hair!! :yep:

27zktuc.jpg

2h3arrl.jpg

2m3n5z6.jpg

2afadfa.jpg

I think I've got some pretty good shrinkage going on if I don't say so myself :lachen:

GORGEOUS!!!

27zktuc.jpg

2h3arrl.jpg

2m3n5z6.jpg

2afadfa.jpg

Your hair is sooo thick and pretty

Back