Naturals: Was your hair type what you expected?

Pretty much....more than anything I knew my hair would be stronger natural, which was what I was looking forward to.

No my hair is pretty much what i thought it would be (i'm a 4a) but i was surprised by the thickness, my hair was really thin from overprocessing with the relaxers.

I expected my hair to be 4B but it turned out I was a mix of 3C and 4A. All of these ringlets and spirals I certainly could not have forseen, but I did first start seeing them when I started stretching relaxers.

Janet' your hair is so pretty!

I expected my hair to be easy to manage and it has been. It has never been tangly or unruly. I had no expectation of "type" because I just learned about that stuff here. Plus, hair typing frustrates me because I don't think it's an exact science (duh) and I want it to be for me to take it seriously.

I do not have anything in my lineage other than straight Igbo Naija so I was not expecting anything else other than wooly, cottony, coily, black hair over my head One thing I did not realize was that the strands themselves were going to be so fine. I assumed that most naturals had thick, dense strands.

i expected 4b and it's 4a/b. moreso b to me but i say a cause it's small spiral coils the size of a coffee stirrer.

but it was exactly what I expected even tho i prayed (LOL) to have 3c/4a.

It's what I thought it was. Mostly pen spring sized coils, with slightly bigger ones on the side and a few waves in the back.

Back