Be Honest, Naturals: What Hair Type Do You Want...

loverofnaps71

Re: Be Honest, Naturals: What Hair Type Do You Wan

Ya'll are lucky! I love my nappies but I want equality and justice for them ALL!

TigerLily

When I first became a natural, I thought that I was 4b all over. Well, a month later, I've discovered not one, but 3 different textures! 4a/4b mixture in the top and 3c in the front and back!

I feel you, loverofnaps. I wish I were 3c all over!

Chimma

One question - those who have many different types, how often do you use heat? Someone told me that frequent use of heat can cause you to gain several different textures

EbonyEyes

I have 4A type hair but I have many variations of it, if that makes any sense.

I'm pretty sure I don't have 4B hair because I haven't seen a 'Z' or wavy pattern in my hair. My hair only has curls.

But there are different degrees to my curls. The curls in the back are extremely tight curls that are relatively easy to comb. The curls in the front are looser and the easiest to comb. The curls at my crown is what will give me issues sometimes. In this section I have natural spirals and coils (think a slinky)that are sometimes hard to comb.

I love my multi-textured hair but I would prefer having one uniform texture. It really don't have a texture preference. I would just deal with what I was given.

-Ebony

bettydavis

I'm happy with my hair texture, even though its varies it ends up looking uniform somehow, it kind of grows in a shape which Im thankful for....but if I could change it I would want my curls to be a bit looser, so it was easier to comb through. I also wish I didn't have this weird patch in the middle of my hair which grows slower than the rest...but its catching up now..

I've spent too long wishing I could change my hairtype, right now Im trying to make peace with it...I gotta work with what I got, you know?!...

loverofnaps71

[ QUOTE ]
Chimma said:
One question - those who have many different types, how often do you use heat? Someone told me that frequent use of heat can cause you to gain several different textures

[/ QUOTE ]

I NEVER use heat. I mean, NEVER! It does nothing for my hair anyway but poof it out. I have heard this, though. People who press their hair often do tend to permanently alter the bonds in their hair which in turn alters the texture...

Devi

I pretty much have a uniform hair type... is that not normal??

Valerie

I have 4b hair, which I am happy with. I want it to grow 2-3 inches a month, now that would be something.

NubianAngel

Some days I wonder what it would look like if the hair in my crown wasn't so frizzy. Maybe I'll go back to no pooing and see what happens. That's all I can think of. I have mostly 4a hair. Some of it is fine and thin, some of it is coarse and dense. Some of it is defined, and some of it isn't. My hair's natural variation isn't so drastic that I would claim difficulty acheiving any styles.

bellydancer

i used to think i wanted a different type of hair, but i love my 4a/b hair. i can twist it and make it loser, or straighten it bone straight with a hot comb, or jus wear it 4a/b. i honestly do like my hair type because it's so versatile. and i like proving my friends wrong when they say only "good" hair grows long.

Sweetyb

I wish my hair would stay the way it looks when wet, which is heavy, lots of movement, and shiny. I also wish my tiny 4b curls would actually look like long, curly spirals... like a twist out.

loverofnaps71

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
Some days I wonder what it would look like if the hair in my crown wasn't so frizzy. Maybe I'll go back to no pooing and see what happens. That's all I can think of. I have mostly 4a hair. Some of it is fine and thin, some of it is coarse and dense. Some of it is defined, and some of it isn't. My hair's natural variation isn't so drastic that I would claim difficulty acheiving any styles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly how my hair is. The areas that are 2/3 are finer and a little thinner. The areas that 3c/4a/4b are a lot more dense. Very interesting...

I do think hair type matters, too as far as finess/density.

loverofnaps71

Don't get me wrong: my hair has never been so healthy and so full of life as it's been since I've stopped relaxing. It's also growing very healthy, even though the textures keeps changing. I never use heat; I use a lot of the moisturzing butters. Love doing twist-outs using Avocado butter; it also has texturizing properties.