Naturals What Do You Do When You Have a Bad Hair Day

LoveisYou

Today I was walking past a mirror when I quickly had to step back and do a double-take, because my hair was looking like girl, whodunnit?:lachen:

For the first time in my life, I was able to take a bad hair day in stride. Like I didn't feel the need to hide, I stood there looked in the mirror and shrugged. I'm having a bad hair day so what, I still loved my twa.

It made me realize how far I've come since the first time I went natural. I remember I used to get so frustrated and despondent when I had a bad hair day, feelings which drove me back to the relaxer.

For all the good hair days I'm experienced with my twa, the bad hair days means less to me now. My hair is healthy, my hair is fierce, shoot my natural hair is fly. (*sniffs* I think I'm mentally transitioning ya'll).

Healthy. Fierce. Fly. :afro: <<<< now can someone make me that t-shirt?

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

When I was first getting the hang of hair styling I had a few misses and at first I would feel discouraged, but there always came a moment where I'd say to myself, I gotta make this look fierce so my answer was to remix it somehow, for example I did my first braidout in eight large sections and it turned out to be a mess...I hated the way it looked, to make it work I pinned half my hair up on one side and separated for a crinkly fro on the other side and it was adorable.

I took some clients out to see a property that day and those asian girls were like ":blush: I just wanna say your hair looks amazing!" I was like :blush3: and men kept stopping me in my tracks as we were walking along....it ended up helping me sell the property because i was like "As you can see there are ample eligible young professionals" *wink*

I make every situation work girl:rofl:...everythings an opportunity for success!:cool2:

Eritreladiee

My hair does whatever it wants to do-- and if it's really not cooperating, a simple headband or some bobby pins always does the trick. OP, I think you may need to find your quick/simple go-to hairstyle for your off days.

MsLizziA

When i have a bad hair day. I wet it and put it in a puff, easiest.style.ever.

@Eritreladiee OMG do you have a fotki?

BostonMaria

I keep emergency scrunchies in my desk, purses, car, etc. and if I'm having a bad hair day the ponytail always saves the day.

zelia5

Like everyone else, i just wing it. My hair does what it does, and even if I think it isn't fly one day or the next, its no bother. The next day, it'll be fly. ;)

LadyRaider

I'm always a hot mess. People who work with me have low expectations, so it's cool. Today I wore my hair down and curled and it actually lasted all day (Kenra hair spray sample I got awhile back.) It's rare I can keep my hair looking cute all day. (not a natural... but pretty deep into transition.)

Ms Lala

I rock a headwrap, large head band or half wig when my hair doesn't act right. It does it's own thing anyway but some days what it chooses to do just doesn't work for me.

nubiennze

This.

I rock hats.

I really just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on your mental transition. :yep: If you were to start a Cafe Press shop and sell that t-shirt, I'd be your first customer. (Can I get the version where the 'fro has a fist pick in it?) :grin:

HollyGolightly

Like everyone else, i just wing it. My hair does what it does, and even if I think it isn't fly one day or the next, its no bother. The next day, it'll be fly. ;)

Exactly! I style my hair based on the level of frizz and shrinkage of my twist/braid out. Right now my favorite style is a bump in the front with slicked down sides, like the girl in the invented sex video.

If it starts to frizz up then I put it in a high puff and leave the bump.

Last edited:

Aviah

Exactly! I style my hair based on the level of frizz and shrinkage of my twist/braid out. Right now my favorite style is a bump in the front with slicked down sides, like the girl in the invented sex video.

If it starts to frizz up then I put it in a high puff and leave the bump.

Your hair is beautiful!

BTW I BUN THAT MESS if its not working with me. Or just whatever it.

Last edited:

Mdmommy99

I either a) headwrap b) hat if I'm not working that day c) bobby pin it up in the back d) wet it and just let it do what it wants!

dontuwishuknu

A bad day natural is faaaaarrrrrrrr less worse than a bad day relaxed. There were many days that I thought my natural hair looked bad, but those were the days I received the most compliments! I say just roll wit it because you are your own worst critic.

PPGbubbles

I alway keep bobby pins and a hair tie or two.... Most bad hair day are morphed into "exotic" hairstyle days.

SEMO

When I was first getting the hang of hair styling I had a few misses and at first I would feel discouraged, but there always came a moment where I'd say to myself, I gotta make this look fierce so my answer was to remix it somehow, for example I did my first braidout in eight large sections and it turned out to be a mess...I hated the way it looked, to make it work I pinned half my hair up on one side and separated for a crinkly fro on the other side and it was adorable.

I took some clients out to see a property that day and those asian girls were like ":blush: I just wanna say your hair looks amazing!" I was like :blush3: and men kept stopping me in my tracks as we were walking along....it ended up helping me sell the property because i was like "As you can see there are ample eligible young professionals" *wink*

I make every situation work girl:rofl:...everythings an opportunity for success!:cool2:

I like your attitude. :yep:

I am personally having a pretty serious bad hair day today. :look: Just frizz city. I even thought about going to the store over my lunch break to buy some hair gel to slick it down.

I think I may start carrying an "emergency hair kit," with gel being one of the first things included.