What Causes You To Have "Bad" or "Good Hair Days"?

Isis

What Causes You To Have \"Bad\" or \"Good Hair Days\"?

Today I had a really bad hair day and I don't know why...at least not yet. But I'm working on it!
My diet and vitamins certainly haven't changed since yesterday and my hair routine didn't change either. I felt pretty happy all day also. I've always wondered why when I'm doing everything consistently my hair looks different on some days.

Please share what you do to have beautiful looking hair every single day (I do believe anything is possible!) or most days and what key factors can result in "bad hair days".

inthepink

Re: Is It Possible to Have a \"Good Hair Day\" Everyday?

*Trying something different sometimes results in bad hair days for me. I've learned to save trying new stuff for weekends.
*Not washing/conditioning often enough...going that ONE extra day sometimes results in bad hair days for me.
*Being too lazy to do my nighttime ritual can result in bad hair days.

Isis

Re: Is It Possible to Have a \"Good Hair Day\" Everyday?

Those are really good ones.
I too have more bad hair days when trying something different like a new product or procedure.

I've also had bad hair days from:

Not rinsing my hair well after washing (I'm pretty good about rinsing now)

Putting too much product on my hair, like the oils

Not having my rollerset secured well resulting in hair air dried poufy on one side of my head when I wake up.

I seem to have more good hair days when I focus all my attention on my regimen on wash day, not taking anything for granted.

Isis

Re: What Causes You To Have \"Bad\" or \"Good Hair Days\"?

Also, I've noticed that my hair doesn't turn out quite the same if get a hole in my plastic cap while deep conditioning. Parts of my hair dries through that hole during the 30 minutes and it feels and looks different later.

Cleo

I think you guys covered everything that causes me to have bad hair day

Chanteuse

I agree w/ being too lazy at night to put my hair up but my #1 "Busted Hair Banger" is getting my hair wet in the shower. If that happens, it's all down hill from there.

SweetNic_JA

Well, I have a bad hair day today because lastnight I was too lazy talking on the phone to plait the front of my hair. I didn't even wrap my head
, I just got up, pinned it up and went on my way to work. Thank goddd it's casual Friday and that there are no cuties on this floor.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Chanteuse said:
I agree w/ being too lazy at night to put my hair up but my #1 "Busted Hair Banger" is getting my hair wet in the shower. If that happens, it's all down hill from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chanteuse - You mean getting your already styled hair wet accidentally in the shower, right? I've had that experience too when my hair gets wet from being caught in the rain without an umbrella. After that, it doesn't look quite right until I do my wash routine again.

Any "Good Hair Day" causes? I would LOVE to learn how to have Good Hair days every single day!

Ayeshia

well this is the first time that Im actually having great hairdays. Humidity was a [** potty mouth **] when I was relaxed, but I guess with being natural you cant go wrong
(well unless I try to sraighten my hair
)

amber082

you know what gets me, if my hair dries strangely, I don't know if I said that right. but if my ends are in a certain position, like bent or something my hair days get all jacked up which leads to split ends which leads to
maybe someone has advice for me on that, how do I style my wet hair in order to have good hair days without roller setting or wrapping?

northernbelle

Re: What Causes You To Have \"Bad\" or \"Good Hair Da

When I am too lazy to roller set or wrap my hair before I get too sleepy, at which point, my only alternative *is* a ponytail!

northernbelle

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
amber082 said:
you know what gets me, if my hair dries strangely, I don't know if I said that right. but if my ends are in a certain position, like bent or something my hair days get all jacked up which leads to split ends which leads to
maybe someone has advice for me on that, how do I style my wet hair in order to have good hair days without roller setting or wrapping?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the Bantu Knots will work for you, like Wildflower did. She says she has good hair days with this style. You may want to check out her pictures in that thread.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Women&Number=400217&Forum=f2&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=399534&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=3447&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post400217

sunny

when i load up products in my hair like heavy creams or way too much leave in...also when i experiment with something different and it doesnt turn out the way i liked....and the weather plays a major role too, like when its rainy or humid

Allandra

Sometimes my mood can depend on whether I have a good or bad hair day.

snookes

What Causes You To Have \"Bad\" or \"Good Hair Days\"?

Today I had a really bad hair day and I don't know why...at least not yet. But I'm working on it!
My diet and vitamins certainly haven't changed since yesterday and my hair routine didn't change either. I felt pretty happy all day also. I've always wondered why when I'm doing everything consistently my hair looks different on some days.

Please share what you do to have beautiful looking hair every single day (I do believe anything is possible!) or most days and what key factors can result in "bad hair days".
Shrinkage

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Bad days - trying something new; not leaving in enough conditioner to bring out curl/wave pattern
Good days - doing what I know works! Period!

theRaven

Planning in advance and working with the time I have. Following my own self imposed rules: Always condition on almost soaking hair, not slightly damp for wash n gos. Stretched twistsouts take time and patience to achieve a good amount of volume.

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
I like reading these old threads.
It seems like everyone here was relaxed ‘back in the day'. Techniques have changed a lot too.

AgeinATL

I have bad hair days when I don't allow my hair to dry completely, whether it is in twists, braids, bantu knots, rollersets, etc. My hair MUST be dry before styling or it will end up a big, frizzy mess.

ResultsMayVary

Time..

Taking my time when handling my hair, applying products, & detangling.
Giving myself enough time to style
Giving my style enough time to dry

Without the right amount of time I am guaranteed a not-so-good hair day..

Fine 4s

laziness....
I parted my hair in several twists to wash and never styled.
Unless I'm doing a twist out, I don't know how to style my natural hair. My hair gets tangled easily so I just avoid doing anything with it.
The result: Walking around with Celie braids bunched up and fuzzy. I care but not that much to worry about it.
I don't feel sexy or attractive at all though.

Lisa

As a perimenopausal woman SWEAT!!
Rain
Humidity
Fog
Snow (heavy wet stuff)
Too much oil
Not rolling my hair/bad rolling
Twist outs and Braid outs (I can't seem to do them right)!