Naturals..when u str8n ur hair w/heat.............

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
How long does it last? I just decided to transition a few months ago and today I straightened my hair...washed, blow dried, flat ironed...it looksd shiny, was soft and silky! It looked like I had a fresh perm! Heh, it was gone within a couple of hours....it puffed up somethin' fierce! :)

How long does your straight styles last?

My last one lasted a week. The heat here is dry so maybe it might be the humidity where you are at. HTH Q

Last edited:
[ QUOTE ]
queeny20 said:
My last one lasted a week. The heat here is dry so maybe it might be the humidity where you are at. HTH Queneesha

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
My hair is 3b/c and my straight style lasts about 5-7 days. But I don't demand stick straight hair every day, so even if it's a bit more puffy towards the end of the week it's ok with me.
And I have to be careful with every kind of product that contains water or humid weather.

Re: Naturals..when u str8n ur hair w/heat.........

I don't like going past a week with flatironed hair. My scalp starts complaining around that time (itching, flaking, smelling, etc.).

I have 4a hair. My pressed hair can last up to 6 days. Then it's time to wash it again. But depending on the humidity or certain building's air conditioning, it can get puffy sooner. I just never know how my press is going to hold out.

yea, i think my press ( when i had it, transitioning again ) i want to ay lasted if not two just about 2 weeks, but i doubt it, because i had to be really careful, not to sweat too much or get into any moisture.

Depending on the weather I can wear my hair straight for about a week. But when I'm working out - forget about it, that's why I don't wear straight styles often.

wow...yall got the midas touch with your hair! Mine is just not obedient at all

Yeah, THere is a lot of humidity here in the South (am home for the summer) so I knwo that has to do with it.

Well all of my hair isn't natural, but since I’ve decided I want to go natural, and have about 6 inches of natural hair from my roots on down, I can tell you that when I straightened my hair it doesn’t last longer then that day, and if I’m lucky it will hold until the next day. I don’t know if it is because I have just came out of wearing braids for a year (on and off) and my hair isn’t trained or because I sweat a lot, but since the day I had my stylist do my hair it only looked nice for that day, after that, it went down hill. My hair will stay straight if I don’t sweat, but the odds of me not sweating in this hot California weather is slim. My hair ends up a poofy mess and I really can’t tell you how to keep it straight, I’ve tried wrapping it, but that didn’t work. I would love to hear what works for some other natural ladies because the next time I spend $70 to get my hair done I want to get my money’s worth from my hair!

When i was professionally pressed it lasted up to 2-3 weeks. But when i did it myself it would last no longer than a week before it would swell up.

I don't know what hair type I am but i tihnk it's 4 a/b... whichever is the tightest curled... Well mine lasts all of 24 hours. GO ME!!!

depends on the season... in the summer 2 weeks max
winter time until I wash it

Back