Naturals who get weaves and Indian hair

NuMe2004

Hello naturals,

I love color, but have found that it is very damaging and can severly dry out your hair. I was thinking about having a few colored pieces sewn in to get the same streaked effect minus the chemicals. However, I'm wondering if my natural hair will be able to blend with the weave hair.

I went to a stylist a few days ago and she said that Indian hair would work best because it curls when wet, and can also be straightened. I don't know if you've watched FOL or Charm School, but Larissa, aka Bootz, supposedly wears Indian hair.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you naturals out there use Indian hair, or any kind of weave hair that blends well with your natural locks. The stylist told me that Indian hair costs approx. $160 per pack, so if there is a cheaper alternative, please do share.

BTW, I apologize if this has been asked before, but the search feature is not working for me at the moment.

Thanks!

GirlywithCurlies

Whether or not the hair will blend really depends on your hair type. Now, if you're 4B sorry to tell you but Indian hair will not blend naturally, regardless of what your stylist says. I'm a 4a/4B and in order for me to have a good installation I'll either have to get a full-head sew in or a micro braids/sew-in combo.However, if you have a texture similar to the texture of the actual hair you'll have a better result. This is why its great to receive samples before you actually decide to buy.

As far as the cost, I would do some research on bhm.com weave boards and you will find some cost-effective but beautiful brands of 100% Remy hair.

glamazon386

I don't think it's so much the "Indian Hair". It's the type of hair. IH comes in straight, wavy, curly, etc just like any other brand of weave. You'd need some type of wavy/curly hair to get the effect she's talking about. Not just any IH.

glamazon386

so what type would you say blends best with the Indian hair?

Probably a type 2. Or relaxed hair can be styled to blend with it. Unless you style it to look like it. Certainly not a type 3 or 4 natural. Have you thought about getting all your hair covered with the weave?

Last edited:

Jessica Rabbit

I have to search high and dry for good curly weave. You don't want that flavor of love girl mess unless u have a really loose curl pattern

glamazon386

I have to search high and dry for good curly weave. You don't want that flavor of love girl mess unless u have a really loose curl pattern

I agree. I can never fine one to quite match my hair. The one I got the closest with matched my curl pattern but it was shiny and my hair is not. And then when I washed it, it turned into a matted HAM. I'm still trying to find some 4a weave that looks like my hair. :ohwell:

NuMe2004

naturegirl.net has kinky Indian remy hair...more like 3C.

Thanks ladies for all your responses. I will definitely need hair that resembles 3c, as that is my texture.

I haven't considered getting a full head weave, because I simply want to use pieces to add color for a streaking effect. I just don't want it to look crazy, like I have barbie hair mixed in with mine!

I will definitely have to check out naturegirl.net.

The Girl

Probably a type 2. Or relaxed hair can be styled to blend with it. Unless you style it to look like it. Certainly not a type 3 or 4 natural. Have you thought about getting all your hair covered with the weave?

yes!! it gets too dang hot and hard to mess with in the summer. I know it sounds crazy but I dont mind pulling up a weave and wearing that as a style. I still get self conscious about my hair...call me crazy I guess.

NuMe2004

Hey,

I just checked out naturegirl.net and 3C kinky looks like it might work! They have a variety of textures, and you can even order a sample kit to view each one prior to ordering. I'll let y'all know how things turn out if I get any colored pieces sewn in.

Belladonna

Hey,

I just checked out naturegirl.net and 3C kinky looks like it might work! They have a variety of textures, and you can even order a sample kit to view each one prior to ordering. I'll let y'all know how things turn out if I get any colored pieces sewn in.

Check out erena hair center. I swear by their natural curl weaves. Expensive but definitely worth it. Especially if you are doing streaks you won't need too much hair

The Savvy Sistah

NuMe2004, your hair is so beautiful and healthy(love the color)

When you straighten your hair how long does it take to revert and what do you put on it to keep it from reverting back to your natural texture?