Need a Simple Hair Routine - Newbie

Faithfullover

Hello everyone,

I am new to this board, (I was actually looking for something else when I found it - but I'm glad I did). I recently made the decision to grow my hair back to brastrap length after wearing it short for the past 15 years. Right now its about chin length (it grew fast during my last pregnancy a few months ago). I am interested in starting a hair care routine that's simple, sweet and gets the job done - I have four children including a four month old - and not a lot of time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mya

FOR ME WASH AND DEEP CONDITION WEEKLY.
TO START OFF I THINK ALL ANYONE REALLY NEEDS W/O COMPLICATING THEMSELVES IS A GOOD SHAMPOO, DEEP CONDITONER AND CONDITONER.
I WASH MY HAIR WEEKLY AND I USE NEUTROGENA TRIPLE MOISTURE PRODUCTS (NTM). I USE THEIR SHAMPOO, DEEP CONDITIONER AND CONDITIONER FOR MY WEEKLY WASHES.

DO YOU HAVE ANY PRODUCTS THAT YOUR SPECIFICALLY INTERESTED IN?

I have been using Motions Lavish Shampoo, Motions CPR & Moisture plus (alternating). I use Profectiv products to keep my hair moist along with Paul Mitchell Moisture Mist (I love it because if keeps my hair super moist and is smells wonderful). I am having trouble keeping my split ends under control even though I don't use heat. I've been wearing wigs for awhile and I think they dried my hair out even though I was using a wig cap. Right now I am trying to get the mositure back in my hair even though its not breaking off.

Mya

I am interested in Neutrogena products. I am also interested in Eloucence but their website says they don't have any retailers in my area and ordering their products online will be expensive. Any suggestions on which Neutrogena products to use?

Last edited:
MAYBE IT'S THE WIG CAPS THAT DRIED IT OUT? YOU CAN MAYBE TRY BAGGYING YOUR ENDS UNDER THE WIGS, INSTEAD OF HAVING YOUR ENDS EXPOSED TO THE WIG CAP. MAYBE A MOISTURIZER CAN HELP AS WELL WITH THE DRY ENDS. I USE ORS OLIVE OIL AND IT WORKS WELL. THE NTM LINE, THE ONES IN THE CREAM AND ORANGE BOTTLES, THATS WHAT I USE. THEY SELL IT AT TARGET I KNOW THAT FOR SURE.

DarkEmpress, I cannot believe your hair has grown so much. I am a newbie too, and I have become so confused and overwhelmed by all the products people use. I went to your fotki and read your regimen, and I think I am going to have to cop your style. I had one question though, how do you baggy your entire head?

br0wney3z said:
DarkEmpress, I cannot believe your hair has grown so much. I am a newbie too, and I have become so confused and overwhelmed by all the products people use. I went to your fotki and read your regimen, and I think I am going to have to cop your style. I had one question though, how do you baggy your entire head?
HEY:) ,
I MOISTURIZE ALL OF MY HAIR AND PUT MY CLEAR PLASTIC HAIR CAP ON. THEN I COVER WITH MY SATIN SCARF SO MY CAP DOESNT FALL OFF WHILE I'M ASLEEP.

First of all, Welcome to the board!
You said you need a simple hair care routine ? My advices would be to :
-wash your hair regularly (at least once a week) with the shampoo of your choice. I'm using Creme Of Nature shampoo (CON) and it does the job ^^
-deep condition regularly too. Why not try ORS replenishing pak ??? If you have dry hair, I think it would be perfect for you. After deep conditionning with it, my hair feels extra-moisturized ^^
-Moisturize, moisturize, and moisturize !!! This is the key ;) at least once a day (twice would be nice)
-Avoid heat (hair dryer, flat iron) or use it as less as possible. Your hair will thank you later !
-put your hair in a protective style (baggie method under a phony pony for example, bun...). You will save more lenght by avoiding any contact with your clothes
-and be positive and patient. That's all I can say >.<

HTH:)

Back