Need advice for a friend: Self-relaxers, come in please!

Divine Inspiration

Hey girls,

How do you see the back of your head when you're self-relaxing???

A good friend of mine is planning to self-relax tonight. She asked me to do it, but I didn't really want to b/c if something goes wrong, she'll be blaming me, if only subconsciously. So I suggested that she do her own, and she went and got everything she needs.

I'm on the phone with her and she's explaining that she can't see the back of her head. She's got a smaller mirror (I'm guessing it's one of the hand-held mirrors) so she can't see what's going on back there.

How do you guys handle this?

I really cant see the back when Im appling the relaxer,only when I check to make sure I got it on everything. Last time I used Baglady's banding technique. I still used four sections to smooth and then in the back I split the two sections into four to get better coverage. I hope this makes sense to you.

I have a full length mirror that I lean against the bathroom door at an angle. The vanity mirror is opposite the door and the full length mirror, and I sit in a chair in front of the full length and can see the back. It's not a close up view, but it's good enough that I can see the parts I've made. I usually do it in two sections, so I can go pretty slow if I need to.

HTH!

This might be too late but, using hair elastics helps to separate each section and for a quicker application. I also like to remove the elastics and part and apply to areas I might have missed to make sure I get full coverage..

Back