Need advice-I'm just a bit scared

Uber

I am considering relaxing my hair and doing all the research first, but I am scared that the stylist will cut my hair.

When I relax my hair, I want to feel comfortable telling the stylist not to cut my hair. Do you think this is perfectly acceptable or should I take the advice of the stylist?

LadyRaider

Just tell her you don't want a cut today. No trim. Nothing. I've done that. If she tells you you need something, tell her you don't want a cut today.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

You're the client. You tell her what YOU want, and no matter what her/his advice may be, bottom line is they better do what YOU ask them to, not what they want to do.

melissa-bee

i agree with the others, but don't be ignorant about your hair. If she suggests it, take a look at your ends, You never know how they are gonna look because you have been natural for so long, they could be uneven so it may look odd to wear out. So you make the assessment, after she has washed and blowdried, tell her to put the mirror at an agle so you see how your hair falls and what the ends look like. Then tell her if you would like a trim or not, or if so how much you want of...in cms or mms lol

PinkPebbles

i agree with the others, but don't be ignorant about your hair. If she suggests it, take a look at your ends, You never know how they are gonna look because you have been natural for so long, they could be uneven so it may look odd to wear out. So you make the assessment, after she has washed and blowdried, tell her to put the mirror at an agle so you see how your hair falls and what the ends look like. Then tell her if you would like a trim or not, or if so how much you want of...in cms or mms lol

I agree!

Just wanted too add: After you make the assessment, and it's a no or disagrees with how much to cut off. Please don't let your stylist intimidate you. Kindly leave if necessary.:yep: