Need Advice. Wl Natural Contemplating Keratin Treatment

Zakina

I’ve been natural forever. I now have WL hair that I’m maintaining. Problem is I’m going through a tough time in my personal life and I just can’t be bothered with caring for my hair. I barely even condition it these days.

I’ve tried a keratin treatment before. My hair laughed and it had no effect.

My new hairdresser wanted me to try GK keratin treatment. She claimed it’s super strong and it left her 2 ranged hair straight. She said it would loosen my 3b/c curls. That’s what I’m after.

Should I be afraid? Right now I’m not taking care of my hair so my reasoning would be that it can’t be worse than what I’m doing (or actually not doing) now....

LonDone

PS May 2017-???
Don't do it! If you're going to do something so drastic to your hair and then not look after it properly you're asking for some kind of setback, no?

PS is an alternative to not doing too much to the hair (certainly on a daily basis) which would give your hair the chance to FLOURISH while you "neglect" it.

Not trying to read about any more setbacks on this forum, especially one you can see coming!

imaginary

As someone who will probably look into doing a keratin treatment in the future, I have to say this seems very unwise. Because you don't know how your hair will react to the chemical, this doesn't seem like the best choice for low maintenance since you'll need to be watching your hair to find a new groove of what works and what doesn't. Probably best to do as other posters said and look for a long term protective style like wigs.

I'm of the opinion that looser curls/straight hair doesn't mean less work. Just different work.