Need hairstyle suggestions

Glib Gurl

Hey All

As I posted a few days ago, I recently had my hair cut and relaxed. The cut was to get rid of raggedy ends. So now I'm left with a short bob that ends just above my shoulders . . . and I have no idea what to do with it. I don't want to pull it back into a ponytail/bun because I'm trying to avoid using clips (which contributed to the breakage necessitating the cut :ohwell:). So . . . I've just been wrapping it, but it's pretty flat and lifeless . . . .

Any styling suggestions?

Energist

Glib Gurl try pincurling your hair at night. You'll have some beautiful curls and waves going on the next day. This mannequin has her hair wet, but do it with your hair dry maybe with a little bit of moisturizer and wrap it up with a satin/silk skarf at night.

Glib Gurl

Hi Energist

I have tried pincurling before, but I just can't get the knack of it . . . I can't actually make the curls! :( Any tips on how to do it?

Energist

well just section your hair into the sizes that you want the curls to be in and take the hair and coil it around your finger or roll it up until it looks like a coiled snake and then secure it with either a bobby pin or one of these metal clips. I think it's a good idea to start from the front and work your way down to the back.

Even if you don't get the perfect coil, as long as it's coiled or twisted up somehow and secured with pins there will be some type of curl/wave formation.

bLackButtaFly

Youy could also try bantu knot out by kinda twisting the hair in your fingers as you wrap it around itself. I wouldn't do it too often if your hair is fragile, but it'll give you similar results when you take them down as pincurls. Maybe little more wave

MiWay

ITA with pin curls and bantu knots.

I pincurl the way Energist suggested, but I also pincurl by curling my hair with my fingers as if I'm using rollers. I can't really explain it, but imagine having a magnetic roller in your hair, and just sliding it out, without unraveling it. Then I just pin it to my scalp. The curls get a little flat overnight, but I still end up with bouncy curls in the morning. I can do this daily without using a comb...which results in a lot less shedding.

HTH!