In need of Hairstyle suggestions for my dd...pics would be very helpful

eyunka

Little background, little over a year ago, maybe two (idk) daughter and I were texlax. I stopped due to breakage. She decided she wanted her hair straight again. I agreed. When i applied the 1st relaxer it didn't take because she started to burn. I then did a corrective relaxer 3 weeks later, that one didn't take as well. So I just said forget it we will deal with it the way that it is now. 6 weeks pass and yes I tried again. Not noticing she went from APL to SL. Yes I know ladies I really messed up my babies hair.

Fast forward to now. She has been in braids since the end of Fed until now and has a fair amount of new growth. I purchased the Mizani's relaxer for sensitive scalp hoping this will work. If it takes i want to get her hair cut in a nice style. Starting over. (kinda)

I know her hair will probably have to be cut at least to NL got get rid of the dead ends and what not. I was thinking of some type of bob. Long in the front and shorter with layers in the back. I have been trying to find a picture like that, no success.

Anyway please provide picture suggestions. I provided a picture of her.

she is 13, going into the 8th grade.

dlewis

I love the pin curls also. I cut my daughters hair recently. She went from MBL to right above BSL. I did this style on Monday and she loved it. Be right back.

It's a mohawk. I need to get better pictures of the sides. I twisted the sides up and used flexirods to curl the center. She's had it since Monday and it still looks fresh. Well it's only weds.

Attachments

• 100_2718_edited.jpg
    100_2718_edited.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

eyunka

I found some I thought might work, if top two are of someone on this board I'm sorry I didn't know. I found on photobucket and fokti.

davisbr88

When I had to cut my hair due to color damage, I wore it like it is in the picture. I used Rihanna as an inspiration. The back was tapered so I don't know if you want to do something that extreme, but I got this cut in February 09 and it was a big hit, just in case she is wondering what her classmates might think (I know that's important to 13-year-olds). People will always ask why she cut, but in my case, after that phase of a couple of weeks, everyone (including myself) fell in love with it.

Attachments

• Photo 5.jpg
    Photo 5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 5

bgsix

Sorry to hear about the setback. You've always done a good job with her hair, I remember your posts in the children's section. DD looks a lot like you:yep: she is a cutie. From the pix you posted I would choose the small pic with the bang. It is not too grown up and she could work various styles with it.

Hope you find something that will make the both of you happy. I remember being that age & me my mom did not agree on anything :lachen:

eyunka

that's a cute cut. It is in the line of what I'm looking for but not tapered. Her dad is going to have a fit as is just getting it cut.
When I had to cut my hair due to color damage, I wore it like it is in the picture. I used Rihanna as an inspiration. The back was tapered so I don't know if you want to do something that extreme, but I got this cut in February 09 and it was a big hit, just in case she is wondering what her classmates might think (I know that's important to 13-year-olds). People will always ask why she cut, but in my case, after that phase of a couple of weeks, everyone (including myself) fell in love with it.

eyunka

Yes ma'am we don't agree on anything when it comes to clothes, hair styles (rme). It kinda sucks because i would like to bound with her more in that aspect, she is the only girl.

Thanks for your input
Sorry to hear about the setback. You've always done a good job with her hair, I remember your posts in the children's section. DD looks a lot like you:yep: she is a cutie. From the pix you posted I would choose the small pic with the bang. It is not too grown up and she could work various styles with it.

Hope you find something that will make the both of you happy. I remember being that age & me my mom did not agree on anything :lachen:

eyunka

I knowwwwww and I'm doing my best to keep her in age approiate (sp) clothes and way of thinking. That's hard to so when T & A is growing by leaps and bounds! She is a true country girl. Eats biscuits, corn bread, green, cabbage the works.
Sorry this is off-topic and I have no advice, but wow, your daughter looks a lot older than 13.